• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

45P Low Tech jungle

Agent007

Seedling
Hello,

Shame to show such a photo, but I need help :)
A full restart was made 2 months ago.

Aquarium - 36 liters (ada 45P dimmensions)
Substrate - Dennerle Deponit-Mix Black 10 in 1
Gravel - Dennerle Crystal Quartz Gravel Diamond black
External filter - EHEIM ecco pro 130
Light - Twinstar LED Light, now running on 600 lm;
light on for 4 hrs, then 1 hr pause, then again 4 hrs on.
Water is changed every week. about 50% (50 ÷ 60% RO + tap water)
Fertilization - after water change 1 ÷ 2 ml Aqua Rebell Macro Basic Estimative Index; then, next day, 2 ml of Aqua Rebell Micro Basic Eisen, no more fertilization during the rest of the week
Seachem Flourish Excel - after water change - 3 ml, then every day 1 ml.
Water temp. 25 degrees

Plants do not growing or grow is very very slow, algae grow is superb :(
I can't find out / understand what I'm doing wrong;
Can You advise, please, from what to start correcting the situation?

Algae was cleaned mechanically last week, during a week algae wins again, see photo

Thank you!
P.S. sorry for my english, is not perfect :)

Attachments

• Beda.jpg
    Beda.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 548
The one thing you can change to help is the light, cut it back, there's no evidence that a split light period makes any difference , you're not using CO2 so I'm guessing it's a combo of too much light and using more than double the ferts recommended for your situation. Do you have any clean up crew in there? I can't see any but they're good at hiding so I thought I'd ask, 2 or 3 nerites/clithons would be a big help if not . On top of the lighting, your best tools are your two hands , you need to be on it on a daily basis, airline hose makes an excellent algae hoover that takes less water out along with rubbing and toothbrushing to loosen it, your excel can also be used targeted if there's any staghorn or BBA in there, use a syringe to squirt tiny amounts of your daily dose on the clumps

Thank You, Jamila. I have just done my weekly cleaning and water change. Unfortunately at the moment there is no "cleaning crew"... but I will try to get some..
I think, I will set the light for 6 hrs without split, and reduce fertilizing twice, maybe it will help...

Try and get more stem plants and some floating plants .A Siamese Algea Eater would be a good choice for algae crew and as said your lighting and fertilisers

Back