• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

45p Modern Iwagumi

Hair grass mixed with hc and m hirsuta, c helfri behind the rock supported by blyxa or j repens.

Plants are in!

Tropica 1-2 Grow Rotala rotundifolia 'H'ra'- 2 pots
Tropica 1-2 Grow Rotala macrandra - 1 pot
Tropica 1-2 Grow Eleocharis acicularis 'Mini'- 9 pots
Tropica Rotala rotundifolia - 1 pot

I am trying to keep the plant sps. as minimum as possible. I might add Rotala green at some point if I think it will fit well.

I am little skeptical of adding stem plants in Iwagumi setup but I wanted to at least try and see if it can do this scape some justice. If not, I will probably replace it with tall hair grass like Montvidnesis or probably Parvula

229092070_564629524694029_2075696670688112366_n.jpg

Plants are in!

Tropica 1-2 Grow Rotala rotundifolia 'H'ra'- 2 pots
Tropica 1-2 Grow Rotala macrandra - 1 pot
Tropica 1-2 Grow Eleocharis acicularis 'Mini'- 9 pots
Tropica Rotala rotundifolia - 1 pot

I am trying to keep the plant sps. as minimum as possible. I might add Rotala green at some point if I think it will fit well.

I am little skeptical of adding stem plants in Iwagumi setup but I wanted to at least try and see if it can do this scape some justice. If not, I will probably replace it with tall hair grass like Montvidnesis or probably Parvula

View attachment 172624

I'm not normally a fan of Iwagumi's, but that main overpowering rock add's real tension and interest to the scape. Nice work!

Scape is progressing slowly but surely. I am thinking of making a few changes.
I was planning to keep neocaridinas in the scape so I have been using SaltyShrimps Gh/Kh+. I am planning to switch to SaltyShrimps GH+ instead. I think the plants should love more acidic conditions anyway. Do you guys have any tips on keeping

caridinas in the high tech tank?
233678461_208979197727739_6669873451289912824_n.jpg

Scape is progressing slowly but surely. I am thinking of making a few changes.
I was planning to keep neocaridinas in the scape so I have been using SaltyShrimps Gh/Kh+. I am planning to switch to SaltyShrimps GH+ instead. I think the plants should love more acidic conditions anyway. Do you guys have any tips on keeping

caridinas in the high tech tank?View attachment 172700

Never knew you were on here Siddhart 👋🏼

Nice Iwagumi, that main stone is a gem 😎

Lovely...very well executed. Like the tension created by the juxtaposition of the Oyaishi stone with the others. Really nice use of negative space and planting too.

Lovely...very well executed. Like the tension created by the juxtaposition of the Oyaishi stone with the others. Really nice use of negative space and planting too.
Thank you, Tim! :)
I am happy how this scape growing but my only complain is the background Eleocharis Acicularis and Parvula. They don't seem to be tall enough. I will probably replace them with Eriocaulon Feather Duster.

Looks nice! Are you going to add more embers or is this temporary? Keeping 2 in a tank with no cover seems a bit sad for them.

Looks nice! Are you going to add more embers or is this temporary? Keeping 2 in a tank with no cover seems a bit sad for them.
I completely agree. They were never supposed to be in this tank since this was shrimp only setup but I had no other tanks. I am starting a new 60p so I will add about 10 more of these and shift them there once cycled. :)

How are you getting on with the filter @Siddy?
I was less than thrilled to have Filtosmart instead of Bio Master on this scape but I haven't had any bad experience so far. In fact, I have not cleaned it since it was set up back in August and it's still working wonderfully. :) My only complaint is that it could use better out of the box filter media.

I was less than thrilled to have Filtosmart instead of Bio Master on this scape but I haven't had any bad experience so far. In fact, I have not cleaned it since it was set up back in August and it's still working wonderfully. :) My only complaint is that it could use better out of the box filter media.
Thanks. Every part of me says get a Biomaster, but guessing it is far too big.
Good to hear the Filtosmart is working for you

Back