• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Cute fish. Is that a macro lens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes, Olympus macro 30mm on lumix gx80;)

Wow they are tiny! 15-17mm fully grown. I shall add those to my list!

These tucanoichthys Tucano are amazing,

bold, small, colorful and amazing behavior. They are very rare and can be pricey too, better ask your lfs first.

they have started to breed them in Germany but my lfs guy said that these were wild ones because they lost a lot of the bred ones this year, don’t know exactly why.

it seems that the male keep an eye on the eggs after the breed, which is an very unusual behavior for small tetra!

Hi all,
they have started to breed them in Germany but my lfs guy said that these were wild ones because they lost a lot of the bred ones this year, don’t know exactly why.
All these real black-water fish are difficult to keep long term. You need really soft, acidic, tannin stained water for long term success.
it seems that the male keep an eye on the eggs after the breed, which is an very unusual behavior for small tetra!
Certainly is, and probably related the black-water again, black water fish tend to be unproblematic to feed, because food is in short supply in their native habitat, so they make the most of any opportunities.

Eggs and fry are a prime protein source so parental care is more likely to evolve under those sorts of selection pressures.

cheers Darrel

Trim needed!

the Tucanos are doing great, feeding them with baby brine shrimps and dr.bassleer since one week seems to have greatly improved their colors.

they are the boldest micro fishes I’ve ever had with males that keep on fighting and sparring like much bigger tetras would do. They are all coming to the front glass when I’m near the tank,fascinating !

200921023154515870.jpg

The prices are very reasonable in comparaison to Ada or lightground ;)

Have never really seen the quality difference despite the pricing difference. Also really like the colour gradient from the top downwards on your scape @CooKieS looks very cool 😎

Last edited:
After some inspection I’m not sure that it’s made by chihiros, just the power supply is from them, I’ll ask my dealer.

I found it from his website here ;

https://www.skaii-and-shrimps.fr/ba...10-backlight-retroeclairage-skyblue-foil.html

The prices are very reasonable in comparaison to Ada or lightground ;)

Ah ok, that’s why I couldn’t find it lol (surprising though, now you mention it, than Chihiros haven’t actually released one!)

Thanks for the link, I’ll have to see if they ship to the UK.

Does it have LED’s all the way around the outside edge, or just along the bottom?

Have never really seen the quality difference despite the pricing difference. Also really like the colour gradient from the top downwards on your scape @CooKieS looks very cool 😎

yeah I mean a led panel is not something that worth putting hundreds of bucks in it... IMO ;)

Ah ok, that’s why I couldn’t find it lol (surprising though, now you mention it, than Chihiros haven’t actually released one!)

Thanks for the link, I’ll have to see if they ship to the UK.

Does it have LED’s all the way around the outside edge, or just along the bottom?

I think they’ll ship to UK! It has led everywhere, just like the others one. It’s not too powerful, just enough to make the scape shine. It comes with an gradient blue foil but I find it an bit clear and actually running mine with the Ada light screen gradient foil which is great. :)

Back