• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
need a yoga matt on the floor to take in that lovely view in comfort
:) Great idea
Love the tank👍
Thanks man!

210115081902833118.jpg

Up or down?
Difficult. On first looking I prefer the warmer tones of the top and think the shadows of the stone is more pronounced. The red of the rotala also looks 'happier'.
However, I prefer the cooler greens of the bottom but the hardscape looks a little washed out for me.

Fussy I know. Can a mid-ground with the cooler hues but more contrast be achieved without too much compromise and fakery?
Has this been achieved by changing the lighting on the tank, camera settings or post-production?

You need to get in touch with them and ask for a "skylight fussyChris" edition.

Out of curiosity which do you prefer?
Actually digging the Aqi more, the hyperspot reminds me a bit of the chihiros vivid saturation, but will wait for the stems to grow, because the reds seems amazing.

I've to take proper pics when I get my new mirrorless cam lens because it's hard to catch the hyperspot properly with an smartfone...:)

Actually digging the Aqi more, the hyperspot reminds me a bit of the chihiros vivid saturation, but will wait for the stems to grow, because the reds seems amazing.

I've to take proper pics when I get my new mirrorless cam lens because it's hard to catch the hyperspot properly with an smartfone...:)

I imagine the difference is more apparent in person. Viewing on my iPhone, the difference, particularly in saturation, isn't so apparent. On my PC monitor is it much more visible, but neither device is properly calibrated, so likely neither looks like it does in the flesh.

Which setting do you have the Skylight on in that image?

I imagine the difference is more apparent in person. Viewing on my iPhone, the difference, particularly in saturation, isn't so apparent. On my PC monitor is it much more visible, but neither device is properly calibrated, so likely neither looks like it does in the flesh.

Which setting do you have the Skylight on in that image?

Aqi is at 100% power on the colder channel
Hyperspot is at 100% power each channel (cold and warm)

The hyperspot when seeing it live has definitely the ‘wow factor’ because of saturation and design of the led with that mirror under it;

210120094326271286.jpg

The Aqi is more subtle but I do like the green colors and white balance more on it (again I use it at colder setting). ;)

Hello,
(Un bonjour d'un français qui trouve tes bacs superbes ;))
Wonderful tank! Like all your others.
I have a question for you about fert : I saw that you tried different lines (vimi, APT, masterline here...). Is there a brandt that you think is better than the others? Here, do you use masterline AIO or golden ?
I discussed recently with Marian Sterian who created masterline fert and asked him about the difference between AIO classic and golden, because the compositions are almost identical. He told me that the elements in golden are easily absorbed, the plants love it more than the classic AIO (but I don't know how...). I don't know if you had the opportunity to use and compare these 2 products?

Hello,
(Un bonjour d'un français qui trouve tes bacs superbes ;))
Wonderful tank! Like all your others.
I have a question for you about fert : I saw that you tried different lines (vimi, APT, masterline here...). Is there a brandt that you think is better than the others? Here, do you use masterline AIO or golden ?
I discussed recently with Marian Sterian who created masterline fert and asked him about the difference between AIO classic and golden, because the compositions are almost identical. He told me that the elements in golden are easily absorbed, the plants love it more than the classic AIO (but I don't know how...). I don't know if you had the opportunity to use and compare these 2 products?
Hello, et merci :)
Je réponds ici pour la communauté mais si tu veux plus d’infos passes en MP. ;)
Yes I have tried many ferts and actually liking the all in one because of their simple use. Actually digging the masterline ferts, and using the all in one soil + carbo on this one, it’s fine as it’s leaner that AIO and golden, and allows you to control the growth more, and get redder plants. I recommend to use nutrition caps after 6-8months if the growth started to slow down.
(AIO soil works like Ada ferts: rich soil and lean ferts in water column).
APT complete works nicely for a tank with lots of plants (now he’s releasing an light version of it too but didn’t tried it yet).
I had some staghorn problems with vimi , so I’m not using it anymore.
Hope that helps
Cheers
Thierry

Hi all,
Are you sure that not a snail orgy
Could be, Physella acuta is a hermaphrodite,
............. Physella acuta is hermaphroditic, meaning that it possesses both male and female reproductive organs, is capable of self-fertilization, and has a high reproductive output............
but I give you <"Crepidula fornicata">.

cheers Darrel

Hello, et merci :)
Je réponds ici pour la communauté mais si tu veux plus d’infos passes en MP. ;)
Yes I have tried many ferts and actually liking the all in one because of their simple use. Actually digging the masterline ferts, and using the all in one soil + carbo on this one, it’s fine as it’s leaner that AIO and golden, and allows you to control the growth more, and get redder plants. I recommend to use nutrition caps after 6-8months if the growth started to slow down.
(AIO soil works like Ada ferts: rich soil and lean ferts in water column).
APT complete works nicely for a tank with lots of plants (now he’s releasing an light version of it too but didn’t tried it yet).
I had some staghorn problems with vimi , so I’m not using it anymore.
Hope that helps
Cheers
Thierry
Thank you very much Thierry, very helpful.
Currently, I'm using tropica specialized I have good results but it's a little bit difficult to keep rotala red due to his high nitrogen ratio vs phosphate and potassium.
I also use APT complete in an other tank. Dennis Wong shares the formulation, however I initialy tried to copy it with powders but I have to say that the tank feels better now with the original product (I don't really know why, maybe because he uses ammonium/urea whereas I used KNO3...)

Your 2 last pics are very nice.

Hi all,

Could be, Physella acuta is a hermaphrodite,

but I give you <"Crepidula fornicata">.

cheers Darrel

nice invasive critters these C.Fornicata :)

Thank you very much Thierry, very helpful.
Currently, I'm using tropica specialized I have good results but it's a little bit difficult to keep rotala red due to his high nitrogen ratio vs phosphate and potassium.
I also use APT complete in an other tank. Dennis Wong shares the formulation, however I initialy tried to copy it with powders but I have to say that the tank feels better now with the original product (I don't really know why, maybe because he uses ammonium/urea whereas I used KNO3...)

Your 2 last pics are very nice.
Yes the tropica ferts is known to have too much no3 and low po4 and K, it works nicely for the first months of the tank and then you should add more K and po4 separately or add nutrition caps to the soil. ;)
Urea is known to grow moss and epiphytes very nicely.

Not quite sure how I have missed this thread, beautiful scape you have there, and a very good eye for detail.

merci beaucoup / thank you very much

Last edited:
Back