• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

4dkh solution help

tom_os

i just received a pressurised co2 kit and it came with a large bottle of 4dkh soloution

i believe this is what you put in the drop checker. do i just add this or does something else need to go in with it?

also how often do i have to change the solution?

thanks

i have some "Dennerle co2 inditacor" that came with it, its a blue colour

tom_os said:
i believe this is what you put in the drop checker. do i just add this or does something else need to go in with it?
Don't use it neat. Just 2 or 3 drops will suffice mixed with water, preferable distilled, but this seems hard to come by these days.

I use purified water from my local pharmacist, I assume this is the same, but they couldn't tell me if it was purified by distillation!

Assuming you are using a standard bulb shaped drop-checker fill the bulb half way with the mixture as this will give optimum surface area to react and enable you to read the CO2 content of the water. Remember: it will take an hour or more for the drop checker to give an accurate reading, so don't adjust the injection rate until you have a stable reading.

More info on this topic is available under the CO2 section of this forum.

Simon, so as not to cause further hiccups, it should be clarified that the pH reagent should be used with the 4dKH water that the OP has already (as indicated by the topic title), not distilled or tap or any other kind. In this way. As you quite rightly point out the OP would be well advised to review this thread found in the Tutorials Section=> CO2 MEASUREMENT USING A DROP CHECKER

Cheers,

Back