• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

4X2X2 planted tank with sump

milnek

Seedling
Three weeks after my first attempt to come back to this hobby again after more than 20 years. I started this hobby when i was in pri school.

From left to the right of the tank

DSC00685.jpg

DSC00686.jpg

DSC00687.jpg

DSC00689.jpg

DSC00688.jpg

Appreciate some feedback on my setup. Thanks.

Keeping mainly tetras like rummy nose, cardinal and etc.

Im not a very artistic person so execuse me for the non-artistic scaping. Need to thank my pal for helping me to setup

Great start there Milnek, and welcome to the forum!

Im not a very artistic person so execuse me for the non-artistic scaping.

That's something that will come with time I reckon. Just look for inspiration in other aquascapes out there. Right now, get the plant growing sorted out. I'm on the other end of the scale... I think I can put together something that looks quite nice, but it's keeping the plants alive that I struggle with :rolleyes: :lol:

Can you post some info about your CO2 injection (looks to be pressurised) and fertiliser routine etc?

Thanks Steve. The CO2 is on for at least 10 hours on 5L tank. I fertilise my plants weekly and weakly using Lushgrow liquid fert.

Looks great so far. For your first time in 20 years, you should be pleased! I love the cardinals, it's great that you have such a large school.

Like Steveuk so eloquently said, just get the growing sorted out first, the scape will appear with time. Do you see this as a short-term or long-term tank?

I like the use of crypts. I'm a fan of crypts.

Back