• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

5*3*2 Iwagumi

Gill

5*3*2 Iwagumi

200 Gallons

Here it is Guys,
Took ages to get it here and in place.
(Dev I owe you big Time and Thanks for Buying my Old 4footer)

5 foot by 3 foot tank that is 2foot deep.
It sits on a purpose built stand made from 6mm Steel box section and angle the stand takes up a foot print of 5 foot 4 inches by 3 foot 4 inches,
From floor to top of the stand level is 2 foot.
With the upper tank on the stand the total height from the floor to the top of the tank is 3 foot 7 inches.
On the lower level is a second custom made tank that is 4 foot long by 2 foot wide and 1 foot deep, this tank has been divided in half to provide separate 2 foot by 2 foot by 1 foot deep tanks.
The lower tanks have sliding lids.
Along with the stand and tanks I am supplying the following items:
2 external filter systems, a Ultra Jet UJ338 professional and a Fluval 304. Both filter systems come with all hoses and internal workings, they both work fine.

A rather large collection of Aquarium rocks of varying, size, shape and material 30Kilos of Slate and Granite Rocks.
3 large tubs of river sand 50 Kilos.

Will House All my Fish and 20-30 Denisoni Barbs and loads of stuff.

It wasn't Xp3 filters that came with, got muddled with another auction i was watching.

Main.jpg

depth.jpg

length.jpg

equipmentandsand.jpg

filters.jpg

I don't want the divided tank that came with it.
So open to Offers.
Expect alot of stuff to go in buy and sell this week as need to appease the wife and get rid of as much as possible.

Wow what a tank! You mean you're not keeping the bottom tanks as a QT system? :lol: Could come in really handy as you stock the tank and then again if you rescape!!!

Now that's a big tank. Did just the two of you set this in place along with the stand? I'm guessing you both had 3 weetabix each this morning before tackling this behemoth!

It took Me, the seller and Gill to get it all into the van, and took 5 of us to man handle it into Gill's house. Needless to say my shoulders ache this morning! :lol:

Hope you don't get killed by your wife :lol:

Thanks Guys.

Well I was Up Bright and Early @ 0530am to start work on the beast and its is done now @ 1300pm.

My Hips are like Jelly but it was worth all the swearing by my mother Wife and Grandmother. No One can swear like Angry Punjabi Women. Imagine all 3 at the same time swearing @ the top of there voices using the most vile language. Punjabi Swearing is Very guttural and vile.

Took 30 Mins to scrub down and disinfect it.
I have used one bucket of River sand. As Scampi (the owners cat) used it to mark his territory. so scrapped the other 2 tubs.
There's over 2 ton of slate in there, its all from my rockery (have been collecting the choicest pieces for years).
Then I pumped all the water out of the 4footer straight into this and seeded the filters with all the muck out of both of my externals.
Next i filled both dual sinks and then pumped decholrinated water in to fill it.
This is my Ultimate tank and will never need another one after this.

Only Steve knows how much it cost. Could never afford to have something like this built from scratch.

Picture269.jpg

Picture271.jpg

Picture275.jpg

Picture276.jpg

Picture278.jpg

Picture279.jpg

Picture282.jpg

Picture285.jpg

Picture287-1.jpg

Picture289.jpg

looking quality mate! i love that its so big that you have to use a mop to clean it! what are the tall grass like plants at the end, look more like pond marginals than an aquarium plant!

Is this tank in a conservatory?? its looking rather like your going for the glass outdoor pond as opposed to indoor aquarium - If so you'd be well advised to fit a UV Clarifier to stop the water going green. Be nice to have some pygmy lillies growing in there :D Ive fancied an outdoor pond tank for years, always wanted to keep some perch :)

keeps us posted

Joecoral said:
looking quality mate! i love that its so big that you have to use a mop to clean it! what are the tall grass like plants at the end, look more like pond marginals than an aquarium plant!

The Mop was the easiest and fastest way to clean it. Was really good to get into ther corners and meant no stretching or bending.

The Tall Plants are Flag Iris'. I have always wanted to have them in a Tank.

Can't wait for the shipment of Plants to arrive from Thailand this week. 700 Mixed Valliserna.

Guys
I'll ask the previous owner for the Specs on the Stand. He had it commissioned by a steel works.

I have turned off the heaters as this is Float Glass and will retain Heat During the day.

I have had some Casualties:
My Hong Kong Plecs - Water became to hot for them.

On the Plus Side i have the following Nest Building:
2 Pairs Of Fighters - True Giants and a PK HM pair. As the tank is sooooooo Big, they have no issues.
Male Peal is also Nesting - So will find a female for him.

My Cuttlefish Bobies are doing great and have changed to a mottled black/green/brown/grey/yellow color.

Back