• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

5*3*2 Iwagumi

Hey Guys,

All teh planting is done.
All the Vallis arrived direct from the Plant farm in Thailand. Its is Perfect. I have added 2 Powerheads to create enough force to make the Vallis sway in the current.
All the Shrimp love the current they all rest on the tips of the stems and catch passing particles of food. Can actually watch the wood shrimp behaving naturally.
Managed to salvage all the river sand, and it looks great in there. I am not a fan of flat gravel so its all in mounds and truoughs and valleys with mixed size gravel and stones in it. More riverbed.
Lots of Twigs chucked in to provide natural river bed.

Dad is Fitting The Halides Today, to give full spectrum and intense Lighting.

The water is still a little cloudy but slowly clearing up.
The Flag Iris' are all flowering and look so cool.

Stocking
Here Goes:

3 Cuttlefish Gobies
10 Mixed Platties/Mollies
20 Dwarf Puffers - They Love it and are feeding on Hikari Cichlid Pellets
15 Denisoni Barbs Under 3Inches (Angie more Every Month Please Darling)
20 Threadfin Rainbows
30 Gertrudes Rainbows
15 Forktail Rainbows
10 Clown Killies
5 Albino Cories
10 Mixed Eels/Kuhli Loaches
20 Hasboras Cories
3 Delphax Cories
3 Julli
3 LongFin Paleatus Cories
5 Hong Kong Plecs - added more now stable
30 Coffee Bean Roasboras
10 Pencil Fish - Mixed
5 Rams
1 Tropheus Moori
2 Paradise Fish (pair)
3 Pairs of Mixed gourami
10 Sparkling Gourami
10 Apple Snails
3 Bumblebee Snails
10 Mixed Nerites
50 Amano Shrimp
30 Cherry Shrimp
15 Red nose Shrimp
10 Wood Shrimp
5 Orange Cherry Chrimp
3 Tiger Shrimp

Fighters
True Giant Purple HM
1 True Giant Cambo Female
3 Half Giant Female PK
10 Odds/Sods Females

Angie - Thanks for the Plants they look great swaying in the Current. i might spend double what i spent yesterday next month(so be prepared to spend over 3 hours bagging fish for me, instead of 2)

:eek: Is that a list of livestock youve added already or intend on adding. Are you using mature media ?

Thanks Guys,
I have used mature media from the other tanks i have.

The Iwagumi kind of went out the window once the plants arrived.
now half the tank is rocks and then loads of plants.

some pix from this morning,
Picture313.jpg

Picture331.jpg

Picture339.jpg

Picture337-1.jpg

Picture345.jpg

Picture354.jpg

Picture383.jpg

Picture389.jpg

Picture392.jpg

Picture400.jpg

Wow dude.... had no idea you were doing this. When i saw you mention denisonis in a pond on another post, thought you literally meant a pond.

I am planning an 8'2'x2' ...bit nervous its going in my fron room and well at least i dont have a wife to kill me. :lol:

maybe ill get to see you tanks one day.

sanj said:
Wow dude.... had no idea you were doing this. When i saw you mention denisonis in a pond on another post, thought you literally meant a pond.

I am planning an 8'2'x2' ...bit nervous its going in my fron room and well at least i dont have a wife to kill me. :lol:

maybe ill get to see you tanks one day.

Yeah it was spur of the moment when i saw the tank on ebay, as I was planning the glass and equipment.
I was not going to let this one go at the price i got it for with everything included.

yours sounds so cooooooool.

You know what i think we have met in Robs before without noticing, But not sure if it was you.

Yeah no Probs you can come round anytime. You will have to listen to Galla from the wife and Rents' :lol: :lol: :lol:

not done anything to it for a while guys.
Moved the old 90G to Steve's This Afternoon, and has about it.
Dad Said he'd sort out the Lighting today but he spent it watching Sky Sports All Day. :twisted:

Gill said:
I don't want the divided tank that came with it.
So open to Offers.
Expect alot of stuff to go in buy and sell this week as need to appease the wife and get rid of as much as possible.

Tut Tut, talking of appeasing the wife, watch out for them rocks mate on the old laminate flooring they make some mean scratches which are a ***** to hide. Aint you got an old blanket or something to whack it all down on. :eek:

Steve.

Monster looking tank by the way, my mates selling a shark if your interested!! :lol:

Guys is this good enough lighting
HIGH QUALITY 500 WATTS FLOODLIGHT IN BLACK WITH DIE CAST ALI CONSTRUCTION AND HIGH EFFICIENCY COOLING FINS,COMPLETE WITH R7 240v 119mm 500w LAMP,GLASS

redone the whole scape thismorning. took me 5 hours from start to finish and i am not tired at all/ guess working out everyday in the gym is paying off.

normally i would have had to take my tranquillizers after doing it.

I think it looks so nice.
the far left corner is stacked slate to create loads of caves
on top lots of large flat peices to create enough area to cover in river sand and shale.
ontop of that some sand and slate caves and bogwood and twigs.
the hermit crabs love it, they have been busy clambering about all over it and looking down at the fish.

then replanted alot of the vallis and did some trimming as it was a jungle of matted vallis and hygo.

MMMMMmmmmmmm never thought of that. oh well its built now and has settled. packed in plenty of soil and sand and gravel so that the structure could bed itself down.

I have insulated the land area with polysterene sheets so that hermits are nice and warm/humd and surrounded it with silk plants and Ivy's also added lots of resin bogwood, left over from the 4footer. The crabs love exploring all day long. theyhave been exploring all the nooks and crannies in the bogwood caves and climbing around in the silk plants.

went to the garden centre this morning and picked up some nice moisture loving ferns, and have planted those in the plataeu near to the waterfall.
also picked up more shells for the crabs to choose from.

been feeding them grapes and bananas and mango today. its so interesting to watch them feed.

Devuk is the only person to have seen it so far.

Okay Okay Okay i get the Hint,

Here a few pix before the new lighting goes on (which Dad has still Not Done)

Picture014-8.jpg

Picture017-5.jpg

Back