• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

5*3*2 Iwagumi

DSC_0003-5.jpg

DSC_0012-2.jpg

DSC_0019-2.jpg

DSC_0023-2.jpg

DSC_0026-2.jpg

DSC_0036-2.jpg

DSC_0045-2.jpg

DSC_0050-2.jpg

DSC_0051-1.jpg

The ammonia spike when all those flowers melt is going to be through the roof, good luck. :(

Garuf said:
The ammonia spike when all those flowers melt is going to be through the roof, good luck. :(

What do you mean, Its Creeping Jenny, they are aquatic.
If they rot - so the fish eat them and the clean up crew will have a field day with them.
I am also plucking them off and feeding them to my Crickets, Mealworms and Land Hermit Crabs.
And My Scorpions seem to like them aswell.

I have chucked loads of flowere outside into the Pest Snail Tank for them to eat.

So All Bases are covered - did you honestly i did not kno wwhat to do with them if the started to rot. Doh!

I've had a look round and creeping jenny is a marginal not a fully aquatic plant.
Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like it will only die, unless you know better of course.

It has an aquatic form, so it will die off but grow back in this form. Gill stole this stuff from my garden. I've used some in my own tank before and it grew fine :)

It's sold as Moneywort I beleive. GreenLine sell a species called Lysimachia nummularia 'Aurea'. Looking at the immersed form it looks pretty similar to the stuff in my garden. The leaf shape is very similar to the Aurea version, whereas with the normal Lysimachia nummularia the leaf shape is not as round from the pictures I've found.

Garuf said:
I've had a look round and creeping jenny is a marginal not a fully aquatic plant.
Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like it will only die, unless you know better of course.

I have been using it for ages.
used to nick it from mums work places' hanging baskets.
it will fully grow under water and sends out tonnes of flowers when established.
it does better if you use the thickest stems from the garden.
the thinner the stem the less ikely it is to adapt.
All of steves were very mature so knew there would be no probs.

PS Steve Frog got eaten by a ABF this morning. Jumped right on top of one and Chomp - Gone in a split second. the others lunged at tit hanging out of its moth and tore it apart like crocs. Sooooo amazingly cooooool to watch them eat like this,

Ok Guys

bound to happen, but i am going monsters, so all the fish are for sale. have some lovely jurapari geos coming in the morrow
the lists on tff - don;t want to make loads of threads.,

Gill said:
Ok Guys

bound to happen, but i am going monsters, so all the fish are for sale. have some lovely jurapari geos coming in the morrow
the lists on tff - don;t want to make loads of threads.,

Cant see the list on TFF, the Buy/sell section appears to be bugged at the moment.

Yeah Tff started messing up last night.
got loads of PM's but can't access the site.

Found a lovely Pink Kamfa Flowerhorn 15Inches- and Paid nothing for him - picking him up tonight - guy wanted a good home for him. will take pix tonight in his holding tank. looks ratty ATM as been in with Lake Malawi's and they have done a right number on his Fins - Plenty of TLC needed.
+ Have a Female on Hold aswell.

Back