• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

5 Gallon Aquascape " Morning Reflection"

UsAndThem

This is a 5 gallon aquarium I plan on entering into the AGA contest this year. Most of the plants are easily identifiable , however I did use a less common plant towards the middle of the aquarium.
Bolbitis Heteroclita. Currently spot treating a bit of stag horn with a carbon source. I do not dose any fertilizers except potassium for the rhizome plants.

Attachments

• Jong_AGA4.jpg
    Jong_AGA4.jpg
    12.1 MB · Views: 1,517
Hi all,
common plant towards the middle of the aquarium. Bolbitis Heteroclita.
I think it will <"probably struggle"> unless it gets its leaves emersed. @Mick.Dk works for <"Tropica">, and he has evaluated hundreds of plants for Aquarium use, and is a pretty reliable source of information for which plants will grow submerged.

I grow B. heteroclita in "Terrarium" (Glass sweet bottle), but have never <"had any joy with it submersed">, but I don't add CO2 etc.

cheers Darrel

Hi all, I think it will <"probably struggle"> unless it gets its leaves emersed. @Mick.Dk works for <"Tropica">, and he has evaluated hundreds of plants for Aquarium use, and is a pretty reliable source of information for which plants will grow submerged.

I grow B. heteroclita in "Terrarium" (Glass sweet bottle), but have never <"had any joy with it submersed">, but I don't add CO2 etc.

cheers Darrel

This is great information , I actually got these plants from your side of the pond. Have you heard of Horti Labs ?

Back