• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

5 week old nano tank, plants have wasting leaves!

Pufferman

Seedling
I set this nano aquarium up 5 weeks ago. Wanted to get you opinions please on the plants.
Pretty sure it’s die back as new growth seems ok.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 202
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 151
hoggie

My apologies,

Size of tank is 60lt
Filtration is Dennerle corner filter xl
lighting is Fluval Nano for 8hrs per day
Substrate is Tropica soil with light topping of dennerle shrimp gravel.
CO2 injected, comes on 1hr before lights and goes off 1 hr before lights off. 1-2 bubbles per second giving lime green colour to drop checker.
Fertilisers are tnc complete, 5ml per week.
50% water change every 3 days, adding small amount of buffer to keep ph at approx 7.4.
Plants are
eleocharis-acicularis-mini---tropica-1-2-grow
alternanthera-reineckii-mini-tissue-culture---tropica-1-2-grow
hemianthus-callitrichoides-cuba
For initial support also added some limnophila sessiliflora.
Inhabitants are pea puffers, shrimp and ottocinclus.
Full tank shot added too.

Attachments

• ACEC8E9D-B846-4B72-8F8E-1D452C12A4C8.jpeg
    ACEC8E9D-B846-4B72-8F8E-1D452C12A4C8.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 148
Hi
Leaf degradation is usually due to low or poor Co2 distribution!
You are looking for a least 10x the volume of the aquarium 600 litres per hour to help move the Co2 to all areas.
You could consider upgrading the filter as the Dennerele is pretty feeble at only 150 Litres per hour.
I would dose 5ml 3 x per week as you are tad low in ferts considering you are on a Lime Green Drop Checker.
hoggie

Many thanks hoggie,

I will give the increase in ferts a try first and then see how things are in about 2-3 weeks time.
Many thanks for taking the time to reply 😊

You could consider upgrading the filter as the Dennerele is pretty feeble at only 150 Litres per hour.
I have a Dennerle Scapers Flow on my 50l Dennerele scapertank just just about gets away with the flow and I supplement it with ehiem skim, adding the spraybar to the Dennerle corner filter xl will help but as @GHNelson says its not really suited to your tank with CO2 (low tech it would be fine).

I rate the Dennerle Scapers Flow as it packs a lot of punch for a HOB and lily pipe outlet also, all piping included also

Back