• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

50 of what tetra?

HODDY

Seedling
Hi getting 50 tetras for my tank, so far its ember tetras as there by far the best colour, I can get 50 for about 80p each. Anyone else got a good tetra or what ever fish that goes wel with a well planted tank???

Ben.

Rasbora bridgette (I think that could be spelt wrong) are really good shoalers and an ideal planted fish.
You have to love neon tetra in a planted tank, it's just something about them that works so well.

Think 50 of any tetra or rasbora would look stunning in a planted tank. Just personal preference really.
Guess it depends on the size of the fish, 50 embers would look impressive, but maybe 25 red phantoms might do the trick :?

50 tetras or 15 torpedo barbs... Different strokes for different folks hehe

Green neons my personal faves at the moment.

Embers are by far the best option. How big is the tank?

I think small rasboras like Garuf mentioned would be treat too.

I love the classic blue neon tetra, IMO their colouring is brilliant. I've never seen green neons though to compare.

I also really like glowlights, with their intense orange line. They're a bit bigger than neons, I suppose it depends if you want a smaller or larger fish.

I think anything with some nice bright colours, reds, blues, orange, yellow; something like that would look great against a planted backdrop.

Rummynoses and harliquins for me although i had a large shoal of Emperor tetras once and they were nice although it was only the females that shoaled.

One really nice fish i saw yesterday in my lfs that was really shoaling but did look nice was Lampeyes

Themuleous said:
Ive got 46 silver tip tetra's in my 4ft, look great, and remarkably colourful and detailed if you look close enough.

Sam
My silvertip's are nasty little buggers :twisted: By far the most agro fish I have :lol:

I wouldn't mind 50 priscilla tetra's - I've about 12 atm, and they really stand out in the crowd.

JAmesM said:
My silvertip's are nasty little buggers :twisted: By far the most agro fish I have :lol:

Na, mine are as peaceful as you like, no agro at all :lol:

I was warned about the silver tips, but after an experiment with a few in my work tank I decided to get them as they don't seem to do any damage. It seems to be just for show, and as my 4ft is a silver tip only tank, they only have themselves to fight amongst!

Sam

Back