• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

50% w/c daily?

Tom

Would it hurt? 50% in my tank is less than a bucket, so takes less than 5 minutes. I've had a bit of algae since FoF too due to no dosing ( :rolleyes: ), and want to get it back on track.

But is there any downside to a 50% change at the end of every day, and then dosing in the morning (trying TPN, with ADA Spec Lights and Excel)?

(wasn't sure where to post this as it has a bit of everything in it!)

Tom

To me there is no down side, i was doing 50% a day on little mountain and the results were great, i dosed after the WC though.

Can't really see it hurting.
Great for plants, like super EI :D
If you're concerned about the filter bacteria or anything, I wouldn't waste time worrying mate.
Even if, for some reason it did affect it. Any remote build up of ammonia will get flushed out with the next WC before it could do any damage.
many discus breeders in The east don't bother with filters. Just a massive WC everyday.

Go for it!

Crystal clear water is the only side effect I notice when I increase the frequency of my 50% WC's ;)

Back