500g, How long will it last

Jamess

My mum wont let me go the fire extinguisher route. She only wants me to get a proper set but i give her untill christmas before she has had enough of taking me to get refills.

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Hope you can get cheap refills! I have seen people charging £15-25 to refill a 500g bottle :bored:

Jamess

£14.95 for 500g and £25.95 for 2kg. To buy a 2kg cylinder though its £150! im tempted to just buy the fire extinguisher etc and hide it. She never goes near the tank so i may get away with it.

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
You can buy two full 2kg off Dan Crawford for £37 including delivery ;)
Thats where I get my CO2 from ;)

Jamess

What do you do with the used bottles and will any solenoid and regulator fit?

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Jamess said:
What do you do with the used bottles and will any solenoid and regulator fit?
Used bottles either throw then in the recycle bin, or put them up for sale on ebay, someone might collect them from you.

Jamess

Ok, what about the solenoid and regulator? will any fit a FE or do i have to modify it?

maj74

Crikey I feel lucky!

I've just rung the fire extinguisher shop around the corner from where I live. He's offereing a 2nd hand 5 kg cylinder for £10 each and will refill for £10 a time... in other words he's giving me the bottles for free!

Egmel

maj74 said:
Crikey I feel lucky!

I've just rung the fire extinguisher shop around the corner from where I live. He's offereing a 2nd hand 5 kg cylinder for £10 each and will refill for £10 a time... in other words he's giving me the bottles for free!
Oooh, be sure to add his details to a relevant where to buy thread, that's the sort of info that's really useful :)

billy boy

Jamess said:
£14.95 for 500g and £25.95 for 2kg. To buy a 2kg cylinder though its £150! im tempted to just buy the fire extinguisher etc and hide it. She never goes near the tank so i may get away with it.
:wideyed:

Shop around mate, thats rip of prices Imho, even up in the north of scotland i get my 5 kg refilled for £17.50.

Themuleous

maj74 said:
Thats a complete BARGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where do you live?

Sam