• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

500g, How long will it last

My mum wont let me go the fire extinguisher route. She only wants me to get a proper set but i give her untill christmas before she has had enough of taking me to get refills.

£14.95 for 500g and £25.95 for 2kg. To buy a 2kg cylinder though its £150! im tempted to just buy the fire extinguisher etc and hide it. She never goes near the tank so i may get away with it.

What do you do with the used bottles and will any solenoid and regulator fit?

Jamess said:
What do you do with the used bottles and will any solenoid and regulator fit?
Used bottles either throw then in the recycle bin, or put them up for sale on ebay, someone might collect them from you.

Ok, what about the solenoid and regulator? will any fit a FE or do i have to modify it?

Jamess said:
Ok, what about the solenoid and regulator? will any fit a FE or do i have to modify it?
Any of these in this post will do: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=3090
I have the one from Lunapet works great :)

Crikey I feel lucky!

I've just rung the fire extinguisher shop around the corner from where I live. He's offereing a 2nd hand 5 kg cylinder for £10 each and will refill for £10 a time... in other words he's giving me the bottles for free!

maj74 said:
Crikey I feel lucky!

I've just rung the fire extinguisher shop around the corner from where I live. He's offereing a 2nd hand 5 kg cylinder for £10 each and will refill for £10 a time... in other words he's giving me the bottles for free!
Oooh, be sure to add his details to a relevant where to buy thread, that's the sort of info that's really useful :)

Jamess said:
£14.95 for 500g and £25.95 for 2kg. To buy a 2kg cylinder though its £150! im tempted to just buy the fire extinguisher etc and hide it. She never goes near the tank so i may get away with it.
:wideyed:

Shop around mate, thats rip of prices Imho, even up in the north of scotland i get my 5 kg refilled for £17.50.

Back