• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

500l build hardscape critique

Joseph Rock

Evening chaps,
New 500l finally turning up in next couple of weeks so going to start trying to get a rough idea of what scape I want, will be using dragon stone and a reddish brown root type of wood. Looking for something that has the ability to have both quite a few nooks and crannies for dwarf cichlids, plecos and other interesting bits, but still have enough big open spaces for full size adult discus and some kind of active schooling fish (maybe rummynose tetras).
Plant wise will be looking to make this a low upkeep, albeit high tech tank so likely to have Amazon swords at the back, crypts in the mid ground, staurogyne repens and maybe some alternanthera reineckii mini as rock to sand transition type plants and then a load of small anubias and buce on the actual hard scape.
First draft below - Right hand corner will be the more built up one as that's the one against the wall corner. Not so sure what to do on the left, nothing at all makes the space seem really empty but not sure if I like what's there currently! Appreciate any and all feedback given! Oh and dimensions are 150l x 60h x55d
20190703_221706.jpg
20190703_221642.jpg
20190703_221651.jpg
20190703_221702.jpg

Joseph

You are off to a great start the RH back when low plants use in the front and tall plants behind the DW it will look great.

Back LH all OK except that large rock. I would go ahead now just leave that rock out. Once you have rebuilt the Aquascape and Substrate it will not be very difficult to improve the LH side so it blends it with the RH side.

Keith:wave::wave:

Back