• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

54 Liter open tank

P1040485.jpg

I also don't like the stones. When the plants are big I might get them out of my tank. But for now the colour fits the fish.

If my Englisch s*cks then tell it an I'll learn some more ;)

I might have missed it but you didn't mention co2?
I'd also turn down the light to 2x24, I'd want an external filter but that's personal preference. Good luck, it looks really promising, even with those house bricks in the bottom. :lol:

Thanks,
Later I'll get a external and then put the internal in my big tank.
I tried DIY co2 but it didn't work.
Now there are 2 lights on.

Infact, your tanks the same size as mine and I can run mine with just the one 24watt tube, so yeah. Add co2, start dosing and take 3 of those tubes out. And welcome to the forum, where in Holland are you?

You NEED co2 on this tank, especially with all that light, you'll struggle to keep up with diy co2 and it's really very inconsistent anyway... Pressurised if you can afford it is really going to be the only way to go. If you can get it, excel/easycarbo will help you no end and infact can entirely replace co2 but growth will be nowhere near as fast.

Thanks,

I have a Vallisneria in my tank so easy carbo won't work well.
I have somewere a Tetra co2 thing, I'll install it.

I live in Apeldoorn. You might have seen it on the news?

That's fertiliser, not a carbon additive, it's like TPN I think? I'll let one of the other guys take over here as I'm an EI head. Unless you're adding some source of co2 and nutrients, you'll run into trouble. :(

Back