• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Nice spray bar!

I'd like one, where did you get it? should look pretty spectacular once background grows in

The spray bar is perspex tube bought on ebay, sealed at one end and then holes drilled. From 1mtr length was enough for a spraybar and intake with spare left over.

Ok, now I feel really stupid. I had one more shrimp than I thought that looks very similar to another so I've been counting them as the same one. Duh! So still have berried female who is keeping a very low profile while the lights are on. Managed to get a couple of pics in the 60secs she was visable so I have proof I've not cracked.
imag0897u.jpg

imag0899.jpg

I should explain that over on the inverts forum Basil has been giving me some pointers, ie that my TDS was a little low@130. I also got some calibration fluid for my TDS pen and discovered it was over reading the tds by 20 so my actual tds was around 110! So now tds 135 gh6

Another CRS berried this morning:) Found that at current tds 153 that the gh had risen to 7 so did some tests and found gh dropped to 6 at tds 147 so will try to get tank to that over next couple of days although it clearly hasn't bothered big bertha, the largest of my CRS.
Big bertha (before berried)
imag0853w.jpg

Well chuffed!

Have also amended plant list to include Lilaeopsis Mauritiana. Which was planted right at the start with everything else. It is growing really well with new shoots and runners.
imag0915a.jpg

fissidens
imag0917.jpg

Tank been planted 4weeks now
imag0926e.jpg

Thanks mate, I may try and make a spray-bar like yours, i found the 15mm perspex in 1m lengths for sale.

My friend is a plumber and has a pipe bender and hopefully I'm looking to have a spray-bar with no connectors! I'll see how I get on. its £8 per M posted so if i mess up, i mess up. I could bend them and sell them again if I do a good job :p

P.S - won't that Sag grow like crazy? I opted for Blyxa over it, I considered it too but its growth rate put me off and large root system.

To be honest I don't know how many of the plants will behave as have never grown any of them, I am a newbie. Just had to look at the tropica stats and try and guestimate what they will do. I handn't seen any of this particular Sag in any of the scapes I'd looked at on here and the same goes for the Lilaeopsis Mauritiana. Will be fun seeing what happens! The Lilaeopsis is spreading and looks nice. Are there any scapes on here you have seen with this Sag in them?

Today I removed all of the crypt. Beckettii 'Petchii'. It was becoming clear that space was going to become an issue as the crypts filled out and the other plants were spreading. Also I think it looks better without it. Just spread about some of the Sagittarius P and Lilaeopsis M and found plenty of new growth in both ie runners and new plants.

imag0959i.jpg

I have reduced co2 for now until the shrimplets hatch and then I will drop the water level for a couple of weeks to let the spray bar provide max surface agitation/oxygen. Yes the perspex lid is ugly but it is great not having to top up daily! Surprised that even 8mm of perspex can curl so badly.

I have to say I love my lampeyes even if I do have to cover the tank. I have another berried shrimp, this time a cbs. This morn watched a crs female molt and then mate. Unfortunately it was with the lowest grade male in the tank but thats just typical isn't it;) . Getting really impatient waiting for these eggs to hatch:nailbiting:

Today I spotted several shrimplets lurking around so I'm extremely happy:) :) :) . The tank seems none the worse for the co2 being off at the moment (for the shrimplets). The mums are berried again. The only down side is you find yourself staring at the tank for very long periods of time which annoys certain 2yr olds:watching:

Thanks nduli, congrats on your shrimplets. I've counted around 6 at one time, one is almost completely white. All my females are berried so should have the numbers up soon enough.

Hi, not sure of the grades. The 2 photos above are of my 2 best females. The other 2 are strong coloured A grade crs and a tigertooth cbs.
One male is a miss marked no entry Hinomaru crs, one double hinomaru cbs with great white but poor black. The other 2 males are lower grade and i'm thinking of taking them out now.
Looking forward to getting a better look at the babies as they get bigger.

Back