• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

55ltr dutch aquascape

milesjames

Hi all I've been working on this scape for approx 6months it's a dutch aquascape in a 55ltr.

Stocking:
7 x harlequin rasbora
2 x otocinclus
Blue velvet shrimp

Please do give feedback on its progress, apologies for the pre-trim photos.

IMG_20220607_214451.jpg

IMG_20220607_214507.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220607_214500.jpg
    IMG_20220607_214500.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 118
I am not Dutch style expert by any means but I feel there isn't enough color variation. All green plants have similar green tone. Also the plants on the left seem a bit out of proportion considering the size of the tank. Grouping would probably need to be more defined. This said purely from a plant perspective, plants look in pretty good health.

If you really want to follow proper rules I highly recommend the guide done by Vin Kutty at AGA. Although the guide states it is "quick" and for "beginners" I find it already pretty intense!

Agree with the above. It’s more Dutch-esq than Dutch Style.
But if you’re not interested in following the die hard Dutch guidelines and you’re happy with you’re tank, that’s all that matters really.
Indeed. Considering the title of the thread I solely focused on giving an answer with relevant information relating to Dutch scape. But you are perfectly right, if the intention is not to do a strict Dutch style aquascape then the tank looks perfectly fine to me and if the owner is happy with that, that's all that matters.

I am not Dutch style expert by any means but I feel there isn't enough color variation. All green plants have similar green tone. Also the plants on the left seem a bit out of proportion considering the size of the tank. Grouping would probably need to be more defined. This said purely from a plant perspective, plants look in pretty good health.

If you really want to follow proper rules I highly recommend the guide done by Vin Kutty at AGA. Although the guide states it is "quick" and for "beginners" I find it already pretty intense!
Thanks for the feedback 😊 yes currently the scape lacks in a number of areas of true dutch style. The title of the scape is "Fidelia squid" as a nod to this 😉 (disqualified).

So I recently moved house and sadly the scape didn't make it... But time for some thing new!!!
IMG_20220725_201328.jpg

Time for a little double bubble 110ltr started!!!
I will start a new thread to update the title but I thought I'd share with you all before moving on...

IMG_20220725_201335.jpg

IMG_20220725_201324.jpg

New thread is going to be called....

Dutch 110ltr rummy nose islands

Look forward to seeing you all there for plant and fish details!!! As well as a steady blog on its growth and filling out 😊😊😊

Attachments

• IMG_20220725_201328.jpg
    IMG_20220725_201328.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 98
Back