• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

55x45x36 Hardscape Plans

Jack G

Hi all,

In the process of putting together my hardscape for a custom NACD Aquarium (Quality is top notch, highly recommend)

Hardscape is a mix of Frodo stone and Manzi wood (supplied by the great guys at Aquarium Gardens - shout out to Steve for the help in selecting it all)

These are my initial thoughts - convex layout with plans to plant trident fern and Rotala in the bag to give an strong focal point.

All suggestions welcome!
5D192C3C-D9D8-40FB-9A7C-0FD7EB5134B3.jpeg
CF533F59-FF9D-4CAB-BA2F-F5D6EF40AC77.jpeg

I really like the individual pieces of rock and root. It's quite a symmetrical layout you've got, a bit too much for my taste. I think perhaps a smaller rock on the left back might settle it for me. Glassware looks lovely

Jack
All suggestions welcome!

Jack%20G%204.19%20_edited-1.jpg

I am very sorry to say I have several suggestions to make it look like a great aquascape, At the moment the substrate is flat, My suggestion would be add more at the rear of the tank and taper it to the front making sure its the same height across the front of the tank for a smooth eye flow.
The large flat faced rock is completely uninteresting to look at in fact its just too dominating.
The three small rocks they all look good except for their symmetrical positioning.
The large arch between the rocks will link up both sides. Think about adding a large branching pieces of DW

30fcd4b6f0f9b48f9030a983b7b201fc.jpg

61qmnMwPdVL._SX425_.jpg
um-driftwood-rocks-aquatic-plants-aquasoil-500x500.jpg

Keith:wave::wave:

Last edited:
Back