• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

570l tank - 2 weeks old. Latest photos added

It is blue because I left the solenoid switched off after last nights work. It's green now and will be yellow soon. It's normally yellow. Honest!!

Ajm200 said:
It is blue because I left the solenoid switched off after last nights work. It's green now and will be yellow soon. It's normally yellow. Honest!!

Realy? My co2 turns off at night and comes on next day and is still green, Nver blue, Whats zapping your co2 at night? Have you got lots of surface movement?

Hi all

If there is excessive surface movement - this will vent the residual gas within the water column, its advisable to have a very light shimmer.

Regards
Paul.

Hi all

If there is excessive surface movement - this will vent the residual gas within the water column, its advisable to have a very light shimmer.

My little 20 litre tank loses is gas due to too much surface ripple - holes within the spray bar need enlarging, rather than a steady flow of water being emitted, I have a point and squirt effect - no good
Regards
Paul.

Normally the co2 is fine over night. The messup today is a combination of factors.

Turned everything off at 4pm yesterday to move/add filters and accidently left the co2 off.
50% water change (about 250l) while co2 was off. (forgot about this as DH did it)
Co2 normally on at 7am. Didn't notice it was off until mid morning.

When I first set the tank up it took 2 days to get co2 dc lime green.
After some adjustment it now takes about 3 hours to recover from a waterchange.

It will be fine soon and I will turn the lights back on and get a pic.

Waiting for a rhinox 5000 from Malaysia. I broke the first one. When that arrives the bubbles of co2 going into the filters will be much finer and I should get less build up in the spraybars.

The tank is filling in beautifully. Really struggling to get photos posted without my PC but will see when I can use DH's work laptop. Most things are growing really well even the P. Helferi and HC Cuba. Can't seem to grow anubias though. 50% melted completely and the rest have GSA.

Slowly identifying the plants. Will post a list soon

Back