• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

6 Months Old! Pretty Satisfied.

WTHreleased

This is my second planted tank, first was a 5 gallon, this one is 55 gallons with a sump. I inject CO2 and use the Seachem fertilizer line. I have neon, glowlight, cardinal, black neon, rummynose, and blue tetras; harlequin rasboras, otocincluses, blue neon goby, nerite snail, Siamese algae eater, platy, cherry barbs, rabbit snails, guppy, flower shrimps and other shrimps, kuhli loaches, and African dwarf frogs.

Plants are dwarf and miniature hair grass, alternanthera reineckii, bacopa carolinians, micranthemum micranthemoides, alternanthera red broad leaf (not growing), rotala rotundifolia (or indica?), Anubis nana petite and two large Anubis types, echinodorus argentinensis ( I think), Amazon sword, echinodorus tenellus, staurogyne repens (which my rabbit snails keep eating!), cryptocoryne (not sure of the type), Anacharis, and marimo moss balls.

It has gone through some transformations. I have tried various things to give my ADFs a spot to burble near the surface. First was dwarf hair grass shelf near the top, but that just grew algae, so I ended up planting it in the bottom (replacing the ADF moss all pit). I then tried floaters (Frogbit and water lettuce), but the multiplied like crazy and wreaked havok on my overflow strainers. My latest attempt is Anacharis that I have braided together, but am not really liking it. I welcome any recommendations!

I had an aponogeton ulvaceus, bit it grew too big and took away from my hardscape, so I gave it away. If I ever do a larger tank, I will definitely be getting one again though. My Amazon sword is getting to be a bit much now as well...

I have had some issues with blue green algae (just on the hair grass shelf, but went away when I took it out), black beard algae (treated with Excel and SAE), and green spot algae (lowered light intensity, but don't like the dimness, so I welcome any altealternative).

The Progression

Attachments

• 20210704_112457.jpg
    20210704_112457.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 264
I like the path/root in the middle, creates a nice division but doesn't capture the eye too much, but draws you in to look at each side. The progression must be satisfying, you can see how it has improved and evolved over time too.

love that all the equipment is well hidden, really something i need to work on in my tank. beautiful scape and fish aswell.

This is my second planted tank, first was a 5 gallon, this one is 55 gallons with a sump. I inject CO2 and use the Seachem fertilizer line. I have neon, glowlight, cardinal, black neon, rummynose, and blue tetras; harlequin rasboras, otocincluses, blue neon goby, nerite snail, Siamese algae eater, platy, cherry barbs, rabbit snails, guppy, flower shrimps and other shrimps, kuhli loaches, and African dwarf frogs.

Plants are dwarf and miniature hair grass, alternanthera reineckii, bacopa carolinians, micranthemum micranthemoides, alternanthera red broad leaf (not growing), rotala rotundifolia (or indica?), Anubis nana petite and two large Anubis types, echinodorus argentinensis ( I think), Amazon sword, echinodorus tenellus, staurogyne repens (which my rabbit snails keep eating!), cryptocoryne (not sure of the type), Anacharis, and marimo moss balls.

It has gone through some transformations. I have tried various things to give my ADFs a spot to burble near the surface. First was dwarf hair grass shelf near the top, but that just grew algae, so I ended up planting it in the bottom (replacing the ADF moss all pit). I then tried floaters (Frogbit and water lettuce), but the multiplied like crazy and wreaked havok on my overflow strainers. My latest attempt is Anacharis that I have braided together, but am not really liking it. I welcome any recommendations!

I had an aponogeton ulvaceus, bit it grew too big and took away from my hardscape, so I gave it away. If I ever do a larger tank, I will definitely be getting one again though. My Amazon sword is getting to be a bit much now as well...

I have had some issues with blue green algae (just on the hair grass shelf, but went away when I took it out), black beard algae (treated with Excel and SAE), and green spot algae (lowered light intensity, but don't like the dimness, so I welcome any altealternative).

The Progression
Nicely done, like the root in the middle and the way you've angles the slate ;)

Back