• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

6 o'clock and all's well???

MightyPumpkin

Aerial view
87843f7f46bdc0a8df51d85447c647b2.jpg

Front view
e5dd7e3d616a59beecee134798e08988.jpg

Fluval Edge 23ltr "decapitated" tank.

Wavepoint 12", 16 watt led lamp

Substrate TMC nutrasoil brown and ADA Sarawak sand

Fossilised wood (from TGM)

Plants:

Cryptocoryne albida 'Brown'

Cryptocoryne balansae

Staurogyne repens

Pogostemon stellata

Littorella uniflora

Myriophyllum tuberculatum

Mosses:
Phoenix Moss
Pearl Moss

Rock placing gratefully helped by a lovely brew and G at TGM.

Currently at emersed growing stage but will be diffusing CO2 when flooded.

Thoughts and constructive advice?????

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I was thinking of getting some rounded natural gravel and some weathered pebbles from a stream at the inlaws place and graduating it into the substrate. Do you think that would work?

I really like it. A ton of potential!

Get hc growing up the front-sides (or a moss of your choice). If soil falls down on to the sand (it will fall), just suck it out of the tank with an air line hose. So a bit a maintenance required, but well worth it imo.

minor subsidence
did you do a trial run with just substrate & hardscape in place? or are you thinking of filter effects?

(I just noticed a rather nice "dip" in the substrate at the right corner from filter flow - should've never cleaned out the grimy thing! :p - at the moment it's rather an artistic affect ... but did wonder at the insurgence of floating grasses :eek: )

Looking at those rocks I see why you needed to de-top the Edge :lol:
Should be a fun journey with this scape!

How long was the dry start?

did you do a trial run with just substrate & hardscape in place? or are you thinking of filter effects?

I'm only slightly concerned about the filter as I've bundled only sand in its flow so when it starts shifting it about, it should just cause dunes to appear (she hopes!!!) . No I suspect if any soil shifts it will be because I've been dumb and dislodged something while flooding.
How long was the dry start?
not long enough but was struggling to keep the plants warm enough. So I've decided to flood and hope for the best.

Those rocks look awesome - love the "roundness" of the right one. This should look great once it gets going. You got any pictures of it flooded?

Fantastic. Yeah the rocks will look great once the moss starts to take off. It might be a bit fiddly to try and keep the shape but will be well worth it!

Yeah hopefully shouldn't take too long to stick there and I agree that the dunes look good if you can keep them going, they add a surprising amount of depth to the tank in my opinion.

Are you planning shrimp for this tank? Should be a fantastic shrimp tank if you are.

Thanks. Yes definitely shrimp and a few interesting snails. How long should the moss take to attach?

Back