• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

6 o'clock and all's well???

Well I've had a few teething problems the light unit cut out after 3 days and the other day I came back to find the CO2 had leaked from the seal. But surpringly it's looking good. Thanks for asking B.J.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks matey. Not sure what to do about CO2 levels while I'm waiting for the new cannister to arrive. I've just been using natural daylight to mimimise the plants demand.

Not sure if you do any baking, if you do and you have some yeast you could make a co2 generator here is a link to a YouTube video hope the link works ok, they are really easy and it will supply some CO2 for now.
Jim

Not really the domestic goddess type but I am going shopping tomorrow so I will give it a go. Cheers BJ

I have made these types of generators by just using scissors to make a hole in the lids and sticking the pipes in with out silicone (use sellotape if need be) they work well, surprisingly well. Good luck if you decide to give it ago.
Jim

I love those rocks.
Though i do believe some pebles or even some smaller pieces of the same rock would have been able to add some extra detail and maybe even help keep the substrates separate.
That said i do like it.
How long did you do the dry start?
Did your wavepoint unit die on you? I have got one just like that for about a year and half now and i am using it in a tank very similar to yours in size.
That unit is overpowered for just 23 lts, you'll need to get the balance really right not to have algae issues, been there.
Will check for updates as it will look great once its grown in.

Disaster has struck twice. Came back from a weekend break and all plants dead. Plus separate tank has developed a crack.

No idea. Only thing I can think of is maybe the power cut off and cut out the heater and lighting timer. The oven clock was blinking.
The separate tank I think has a flaw in the perspex. It was an interpet nano. Had full refund from amazon so searching used ads for a temp tank for shrimps and plants. Cracking not too bad for now so I gave a bit if breathing space.

Cheers BJ. These things happen. I'm just taking it in my stride and looking at it as an opportunity to consider new planting combo's.

Back