• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

6 week Christmas present

Paulukk

Seedling
Just thought I’d post a pic of the 125l tank my and 6yr old twin sons have done- it’s a work in progress but I haven’t had fish for close to 40 years and even then the only plants I had in that tank were plastic!
We’ve got rasbora, tetras, dwarf blue and honey gouramis, a couple of zebra snails, a couple of assassin snails ( the boys liked the name!), and 7 shrimp. All the livestock get on really well and seem to have their own hangout areas which are good. Currently running the original internal filter backed up with a biotherm 600
Plants are doing pretty well, hygrophylla is going bit mad but gets trimmed every week before the water change. Tends to be a bit leggy and I may swap out to something a bit more bushy.
All in all, been a really good experience having the tank in the house.

Attachments

• 280268B8-9424-4166-A23E-8A9F888D6D4F.jpeg
    280268B8-9424-4166-A23E-8A9F888D6D4F.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 302
That’s an idea - some of the trimming are a nice red colour which is a nice contrast to the green. Maybe a bit concerned about shading as the aquasky lamp doesn’t provide a very wide angle of illumination- may have to put another lamp in there at some point (not that we’re getting obsessed or anything 😄)

Back