• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60 cm - Old fashioned Dutch style scape

YzemaN said:
Hmm... Mr. Amano inspired me to get into the whole planted tank business, but seing stuff like this is really starting to grip me. This tank looks absolutely fab-tastic and certainly something to think about for future projects. And also I think the Chief would appreciate a more varied and colourful setup than what I'm doing atm.
Keep it up, M!

:D which chief

Thanks,

will cut back the Marsilea this weekend.

Filtration , I started with a normal Aqua flow 200 internal, but Marc advised be during his visit to go for a much higher flow, something I am not used to in a planted tank. But I thought give it a try so I am using an aqua-Pro sp2 now ( 950 L/h ) a little bit an overkill but that;s the light unit as well.

Interesting to see how this will develop after a few months as I am still expecting a big Algae grow

Thats looking lovely Maurits, great work!

What type of light unti are you using?

The colour of the plants look stunning

Thanks, Steph

6 weeks old now and time for a real proper trim, I am trying to work now to the final scape.

before trimming

_MG_2413.jpg

after trimming

_MG_2414.jpg

And this is so lovely

iMG_2417-edit.jpg

Small update

everything is growing well, I am only fighting a battle with green hairy algae

_MG_2425.jpg

_MG_2424.jpg

My Galaxies are doing very well with as a result some small babies :D

Congratulations on the baby galaxies, do you think they will survive in the main tank, there's plenty of places for them to hide at least - Tom

TBRO said:
Congratulations on the baby galaxies, do you think they will survive in the main tank, there's plenty of places for them to hide at least - Tom

I was able to catch 2 which are swimming in one of the other tanks :D

Thanks James.

I know the cause and also the solution. Starting with an Aqua-pro 4sp is the first part :D

Those colours are amazing! How are you getting such good colours? I was always under the influence it's a difficult one to get like those.
I've never really used red plants so any input is good input.

Back