60-P low-tech - advice needed

Discussion in 'General Planted Tank Discussions' started by JEK, 11 Apr 2019.

1. JEK

JEK Member

A few months ago I set up a small nano high-tech tank after close to a decade out of the hobby and I must admit that aquariums really has gotten a hold of me again. My 16 liter nano is really too small for fish and since I like fish (not that interested in shrimp, sorry shrimp people) and also like to have a bit more space to work with I'm thinking of getting an ADA 60-P (or maybe a generic 60x30x30 opti-white too save some money).
    Too save even more money I've thought about making it a low-tech tank, but with lighting powerful enough to turn it into a high-tech tank a later time if I so fancy. For some reason I'm really into overgrown, jungle-style scapes at the moment, which I think is a style that lends itself well to low-tech.

Please tell me what you think of this plan:
    Aquarium: 60*30/36*30 cm tank
    Lighting: Twinstar 600ES running at 50% power probably
    Filter: I was thinking of just using an internal filter like Oase Bioplus Thermo 100 - since I'm going for a densely planted layout I think it will be easy to hide and then there's no unsightly equipment outside the aquarium.
    Substrate: Probably Tropica powder

My main concern is if an internal filter is enough? I not going to stock it heavily - something like a couple of dwarf cichlids or dario dario, a school of small tetras, some otocinclus and maybe a couple of killis.

2. Keith GH

Keith GH Member

3. Kezzab

Kezzab Member

From my experience of very similar set up you'll be fine.

4. JEK

JEK Member

I think I'll give it a go then!