• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60-P "Succession"

Yes. Had 25 Black Neons with 100s of Neocaridina in the same 80cm tank for a long time.
Cool! Then I won't rule them out.

Some new plant additions as well as livestock coming up later today. Watch this space ;)

New additions; Hygrophila pinnatifida and Myriophyllum 'Guyana'. Myriophyllum is planted behind the Blyxa instead of Bacopa caroliniana as I found the leaf size to large for that part of the tank.
I think the Hygrophila will (and already has) improved the shade/light balance a lot.
KoY1Pwv.jpg

I'm a bit late to the party and only just discovered this thread. Really loving the latest "Succession" in the image above.

JEK, can I ask, and please excuse my ignorance and lack of knowledge, what are the mossy clumps at the bottom right and leading down from the rocks?

I'm a bit late to the party and only just discovered this thread. Really loving the latest "Succession" in the image above.

JEK, can I ask, and please excuse my ignorance and lack of knowledge, what are the mossy clumps at the bottom right and leading down from the rocks?
Thanks a lot! The mossy clumps are Aegagropila linnaei (actually a green algae).

Thanks a lot! The mossy clumps are Aegagropila linnaei (actually a green algae).

Thanks JEK. I'm learning something new every day. When I look for Aegagropila linnaei, Google comes up with Marimo Moss Balls. Are they the same and maybe cut in half?

Thanks JEK. I'm learning something new every day. When I look for Aegagropila linnaei, Google comes up with Marimo Moss Balls. Are they the same and maybe cut in half?
Exactly - I have torn most of them in half.

Q0fc4XC.jpg

ng9xY1j.jpg

C. pygmaeus added - only 4 so far (long story), but the plan is to get at least twice as many.

I vote without, much cleaner!

.....and more small stone work at front instead :)

Reactions: JEK
Q0fc4XC.jpg

ng9xY1j.jpg

C. pygmaeus added - only 4 so far (long story), but the plan is to get at least twice as many.

Lovely tank - similar layout to what I'm hoping to achieve in my sons new tank (though I doubt it'll look anywhere as good as this one).

Can I just ask what Buce species you have in the image above? Did you buy them at that size, or have they been grown on in another tank?

Back