• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60-P "Succession"

My 60P looks pretty much the same, but here's a tank I scaped and maintain at my university:
IFnBkjS.jpg

Hah!
I just caught up (I think since before the last rescape :oops:)

I love the look of Filipe Oliveira’s new 60cm scape (at AquaFlora) but not sure how the sand will look - note he does the same as ADA with lots of sand over the aquarium soil (powder) AND he’s kicked out all the Corydoras and Amano shrimp :p

I’m just rescaping my tanks too
Went to the lfs and bought loads of plants - no Monte Carlo available for weeks now (not sure why Tropica NA isn’t ordering this in from Tropica Denmark for Canadian shops - I’m more than a little suspicious all locally produced MC is heading to America ;) )

Hah!
I just caught up (I think since before the last rescape :oops:)

I love the look of Filipe Oliveira’s new 60cm scape (at AquaFlora) but not sure how the sand will look - note he does the same as ADA with lots of sand over the aquarium soil (powder) AND he’s kicked out all the Corydoras and Amano shrimp :p

I’m just rescaping my tanks too
Went to the lfs and bought loads of plants - no Monte Carlo available for weeks now (not sure why Tropica NA isn’t ordering this in from Tropica Denmark for Canadian shops - I’m more than a little suspicious all locally produced MC is heading to America ;) )

Haven't watched Filipe's video yet, but his work is always great. :) I'm not sure, but I suspect that the soil that i capped with sand actually started to move up trough the sand over time. I think my next few scapes will be soil only or at least have a very good barrier between sand and soil..

No MC shortage here, maybe an advantage of living in the same country Tropica is located in. ;)

Trim and filter + lily pipe clean (the last two are IMO the absolutely worst part of this hobby)
Xcg2BQ8.jpg
I agree but not to bad when not in a rush but i always seem to be these days, maybe not so much this week tanks looking great by the way.

Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Reactions: JEK
Do yourself an favour and buy one stainless steel inlet, while keeping the glass outlet which can be cleaned without dismantling :)

@CooKieS It's on my wishlist :)

Btw the ember tetras has become extremely skittish lately. They hide just if I move around in the room. They used to be more calm.. Don't really know why. And I almost never see the pygmy corys anymore..

I got hold of a micro worm starter culture. The ember tetras seems to enjoy them a lot. Corys are still hiding almost all the time and I think I might have lost a few. I had one confirmed loss some weeks ago and I've only been able to spot 5 together recently. More might be alive though since they are so shy and just want to hang out in the dense vegetation. I've dimmed the light a bit. Seems to be appreciated from the tetras. Also starting to lower hardness a bit more. Around 200 microsiemens last water change. Think I'll go down to around 100-150.

Back