• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

600l dutch inspired scape

mr. luke

The time has come for me to dive in and 'scape'/plant out my 600l tank.
i have gone for a slight gumi' feel on the right and a thick and plenty style of hardscape on the left to see if i can make this work :lol:
Picture as is right now
DSCF3645.jpg

Im on a VERY tight budget of not a lot at all for this 'scape' so planting will be via a 'fish-house collection' from java plants and some plants that i alredy have :)
order should be placed beginning of next week if i can move on some fish, or as soon as i do otherwise.
And hints on hardscape placement etc? the left side will look more uncluttered once my leapord frog plec comes out of the resin log.

Specs:
200X50X60 cm rena aqualife?
4X58w t8's and possiably another 2 38watts to be added, depending on lighting needs.
fluval 305 and filstar xp 4 filters used.
F/E ??? need to look into this a bit more first :)
fish is a random missmatch of large community fish.
inverts : hopefully some macro assamensis.
hardscape: mangrove stump and slate mainly, whty pots used under and behind decor for spawning teratories etc.

will update when there is something to update on :lol:
comments and critics welcome :)

Re: 600l dutch/iwagumi inspired scape

hmmm, i guess that it would if i think about it, 12 drops per day at recomended dose, would burn through that nice and fast lol :D
any ideas on what the cheapest i could do it for is?

If you go down the Fire Extinguisher route, then that's like £20-£35 depending on where you get it (Dan Crawford on this forum sells them).
Regulator to fit it ~£50
Solenoid - To switch it on and off ~ £20

Then something to put the co2 in the water either a diffuser or a reactor.

Or get the full set like this for about £100...
500g bottle, solenoid, regulator and diffuser (you'll just need a stand to put the co2 bottle in as it'll fall over otherwise (can get from AE))
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CO2-Anlage-Magnet ... m153.l1262

thanks :D i think i might build up my own kit, i cant read that language anyway but thanks for the link :D
ill see what f/e's i can get localy to me see if they will be any cheaper. could you link me to a suitable solenoid? i have no idea what im looking for :)

mr. luke said:
thanks :D i think i might build up my own kit, i cant read that language anyway but thanks for the link :D
ill see what f/e's i can get localy to me see if they will be any cheaper. could you link me to a suitable solenoid? i have no idea what im looking for :)

I've put links to the seller on ebay who I got my equipment from. I'm not sure what 'brand' that is, but there's some on the AE website
http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.p ... cts_id=651 @ £50
http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.p ... ts_id=1338 @ £55

I know that some use the D&D sets their regulator is listed at £86 at AE.

I think that's why I got it from the German company, as with p&p the kit is superb value for money.

hmmmm, so you could recomend the german kit from experience? i can read no word of german but if someone could tell me 'yes it is good' then it will be well worth me going down that route :)
darn i have some saving to do :lol:

thinking of going all dutch on this one now :)
been browsing and i have fallen in love :lol:

Back