• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60cm/54litre - 'Windelov Sunset'

Looking good! Do you have any tips for "butchering" the hood in the Juwel to add a second T5?

Yet again I will try to get a picture of the hood at the next water change! I keep forgetting :)

Still no hood pictures, sorry, I will really try this Monday, honest!

Picture from tonight:

6june2009.jpg

I am changing one more plant then that is it, the scape is 'finished'! I've had it for a good year or so now and I had planned to re-do it in the summer when we originally planned to change the room carpet which is not happening for a good while now. Some thoughts on what I'll do next which are stylised but natural with luck!

The rotalla wallichii is really not doing anything in my tank. In the past month it has barely grown at all and is looking very straggly. Probably wants more light than I can offer? I'm going to try (if someone sends me some from the WANTED post I have!) some r.green if possible - rotundifolia always did very well in the past and it might look a bit better with the larger leaves vs wallichii too.

Loving the b.japonica, it has really grown in well - only curiosity is how to trim it? It's getting a bit on the thick side now.

Hi nry,it's looks like it's doing well,like you said changing the one plant for rotala will give it nice look at the rear,regards john.

Cheers John - that's the hope, one taller plant to finish things off with luck!

Little sideways piccy update from tonight - some rotala sp. green courtesy of a member here, I like it already and it isn't even growing straight yet :)

9june2009side.jpg

Back