60cm - 90l

jay

Love the hardscape, very natural... like its just washed up on the shore, HC acting as moss etc... hairgrass dotted around.

Real nice.

Nick16

can i ask what the glass items are in the tank and their purpose? i know the drop checker and diffuser but what is the long tube with the orb at the back and the other thing? (lilly pipe?) what do they do and what do they connect to?

Tom

There is a glass filter intake pipe (with "orb" on bottom) and an outlet "lily pipe". They connect to normal filter hosing, just find the right size.

OK, well the tank now has plants in!! Just stuff I have scavenged for now, and they are being grown emersed due to lack of filter and fertilisers! Also want to try and grow as much as I can with very little water, as it is easier, avoids algae, and I wanted to know if it would work for me. I have cling film over the top, and mist it with water twice a day. Lights on (1 T5 out of 3) for 12hours.

At the moment I only have Staurogyne and Java Moss, but will be getting some Java Fern from work. Am on the lookout for Glosso if anyone has any going spare? ;)

Tom

Fred Dulley

Sounds great Tom. A good learning experience as well. Will be interesting to see the results.
Nice meeting you at TGM despite it seeming ages ago now!
Can't help with the glosso :(

Interesting, I'll be watching this tank! Nice to see you're made a start on the planting.

I'm sure someone can sort you out with some Glosso if you post in the Buy/Sell/Swap forum.

Tom

OK the tank's all full and planted now (mostly - still looking for C. balansae!), and the glosso has taken off! Really good growth with that so far. I was a little disappointed however with the Java Fern I got from Aquadip, and I should probably have just got some from Swallows. I am getting some Spirogyra on the moss though, which I'm assuming is to do with the ammonia given out from the Amazonia? Or maybe because the moss is in the emersed form still? I don't know. Anyways, it's all set up now anyways.

Tom

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R New 60cm × 40cm shallow tank. Journals 3
C 60x40x40 90l first attempt at an aquascape Journals 24