• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60cm - 90l

Tom

Just started setting up my DIY 60x40x40 this morning, even though I still don't have a filter. All the substrates (Power Sand Special, AS Amazonia, Bright Sand) are ADA, the pipes are Flo Pipes (in need of a clean), drop checker is Boyu and the diffuser is cheap rubbish :lol:

Thought I'd put a couple of pics up, even though it's way off filling with water yet.

60cm2.jpg

60cm1.jpg

Tom

I want ot try a layout with no hardscape, but will probably end up using some nice bits of wood

Plants front to back:
The odd bit of Glosso, not a full carpet
Willow/Java mixed in with Dwarf Hairgrass
Aponogeton madagasceriensis
Crypt balansae

Threadfin Rainbows or Lampeye Killies

Tom

Update tom?
I can't wait to see what you've done with this tank.

Not done nuffink mate :( And it's gonna stay like that for a looong time :rolleyes: Tis sitting in the corner of my room on the floor, waiting for me to get some money together for other projects, like a nano paludarium and nano reef (read nano as cheapskate lol ) When I start getting paid for work in a month or so, I might think about the next step

Tom

Interesting and original - a tank with no hardscape. Will be interesting to see how it looks.

Andy

Will probably be an update later once it gets dark and there's less reflections to worry about. Still no filling or plants, but I've gone totally away from what I said I was going to do and given it some hardscape :rolleyes: Basically, my 40cm turned out almost exactly how I wanted this one to, so there's no point repeating it. Anyways, I'm quite pleased with how the hardscape has turned out so far - no doubt it'll change more before planting though ;)

Tom

Have you ever actually used that chisel diffuser?
Mine was terrible!! Would've have finer bubbles using a straw! :rolleyes:

As difficult as it can be to get the hardscape right, sometimes, it seems to me that it could be even more difficult to use no hardscape.

Dave.

I use a chisel diffuser on my nano and its the best diffuser I've ever had, the trick is to place the spray bar vertically with one of the outlets pointing into the chisel so that the water spins round and out the top, the mist is so fine it makes (made, the nano is in a state of disrepair) look like a champagne bottle after the lights being on for 3 hours.

Depends on the tank and co2 pressure, I found I got smaller bubbles with it at a really high pressure. And it depends on the tank of course, the flow across the disk might have been impaired.

Back