• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60cm First opti white

alzak

Hi afer few months on this forum I decide to make my own first journal so there it is

60cm opti white tank with ADA style cabinet made by Aquariums LTD
Filtration tetratec ex700 filled with sera spirolax
koralia nano
in line hydor heater
pressured CO2
Arcadia 4x24w T5 lights

tank soon will be set up but I do not know what to do I like iwagumi style but from other side I like wood in tank as well so maybe I will try to connect some stones with redmoor wood or black ADA wood

like substrate I want to use something like ada amazonia but bit cheaper as my GF is not very happy with amount of cash which I spend for tanks but will see

and there is problem with fish for this tank as I want to be orginal and get something bit different than the rest so open to any ideas

like ferts I will go with ADA as I have some which I never used -
brughty step 1
brighty step 2
iron bottom long
multi bottom
eca

need to buy
brighty k
python git
penac p
green bacter
green gain

not sure with ferts if I really want to go for ADA or EI as my second tank is running on EI but have some small problems with it

just have look on my tank recently bought from another forum member myboyshay

p1000578r.jpg

any ideas just say what you think i'm really sorry for my poor English grammar try do my best Albert

I like wood as well but just want some change as I have two tanks with redmoor at the moment sorry one is my GF but she just feed fish and I have to look after all tank ;)

after long research i decide to go for colombo substrate got two bags for my tank just bit more in case I need some
and hope that I set up my tank in 2 weeks time to get it ready for IAPLC

only problem is that I do not know what to use for scape black ADA wood or redmoor just wait for substrate and I start to work on this

I just get my flora base substrate today and try to get some good space but do not know how to set something good there is one which I left for now

just need some idea...

Hi Alzak,

Nice hardware setup, I think the layout would work better with less stone, possibly removing the small top right piece and the small front right piece to balance the tank out more. Nice idea with the wood, will you be growing some sort of java moss up it?. Fish wise, why not try something like chocolate gourami or possibly some oddball brazilian tetras?.

Hi

This scape already gone got some new one try to upload pictures today afternoon

From plants i want to use some crypts and moss and some hair grass not sure yet but no more than 3-4 types of plants

p1000611x.jpg

plants which I want to use

- pogostemon helferi
-hc (not sure yet as have some problems in other tanks)
-rotala rotundifolia (not sure if not to tall)
-hair grass
-hemianthus micranthemoides

any advices??

Hi

so there it is my set up

for now I have 3 rummy noses :lol:

I know it's not the best but I hope it will look good after few weeks

p1000620p.jpg

for now only problem is surface film

Looking good Albert :)

Some people put the surface scum down to not enough co2/ferts, but I've had it even since using co2 and have never managed to get rid of it, even under different lighting, co2 levels, fert levels, substrates, hardscape materials and filters with different rated flow. You can hide the problem by moving your spraybar up so its almost level with the surface, forcing a strong ripple without breaking the surface. This method worked great for me for a long time, but I never actually got the the bottom of what was causing it. I've since changed to using a surface skimmer inlet attachment (ebay item number: 370158320294) which works great, but again, doesn't really solve anything and is quite ugly to look at :lol: :crazy:

Hi

I use to have one surface skimmer in other tank but is a bit to big for this one
I think is about co2 as for now I just use liquid one as I wait for air line as my co2 bottle is about 5metres from this tank in cabinet of my other tank
Ferts which i use are step 1 and ECA for now later step 2 and some dry potassium dont know if this will be right but will see

The only time I've ever 'got rid' of surface scum was when I had plants growing to the water surface. Beyond that I reckon it's to be expected - the undisturbed water surface is going to be ripe for anything to settle on, including oil etc from fish food, dust, that type of thing.

Back