• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60cm ideas. trees and path

jay

Well i've got some ideas flowing for a 2ft tank i've had laying around.
Pics taken on iphone so don't expect too much.
9ec58c55.jpg

2f18375d.jpg

712dcb87.jpg

fe833f5c.jpg

The look im going to go for is a dense forest with a lovely insanely clean sand path running down the off-centre.
Plants im thinking is mosses and low level planting, some compact stems and bolbitis... because i luuuuurve it.

Ideas, opinions, please, i welcome them.

Thanks guys.

Changed a small detail of it earlier today...
9ec58c55.jpg

The right side rock mound.
6407f918.jpg

Honestly guys, would like your opinions on how to better this. Know there is a wealth of knowledge and ideas here.

HA!
yeah i'd like to, but i know the layout can be better.

The Largest stone on the left is bugging me a little. The wood cross section just to the right of it is going to be the focus point, but the stone is distracting from it.
Sure i could probably tone it down with the planting but would prefer to try out more stones maybe.

I don't think I'd change a thing, bolbitis, moss and anubias will hide most everything that's niggling you at the mimute, you'll be fine once you've water in I'm sure.

Great finds. Thats the sort of ideas i was going for, but with a CAU, ADA cleanliness to it... hopefully.

Dan Crawford said:
BOOM! Plant it then bring it round mine coz i want it :lol:

Ha! Thank you Sir. But it's all mine! I think I am just going to go for it. It's a good size that if I decide to change the rocks around a bit, a couple of water changes will sort out any possible algae issues I may be worried about.
Glad some of you like it, it's my first real, asian style 'terrestrial layout.

The large rock at the front adds depth imo, You have large rocks and the taller pieces of wood at the front :thumbup:

Graeme Edwards said:
It reminds me of a scape I did when I worked at TGM http://www.thegreenmachineonline.com/ar ... sic-forest . Its nice to see wood used in an upright manor, its cutting edge and worth trying.
Plant it up and get going with it.

Cheers.

Yup that what I thought as soon as I saw it. I do like it and I think as the other person said, "swamp like", like rotten trees.

Thanks all for the comments.
Graeme Edwards said:
It reminds me of a scape I did when I worked at TGM http://www.thegreenmachineonline.com/ar ... sic-forest . Its nice to see wood used in an upright manor, its cutting edge and worth trying.
Plant it up and get going with it.

I love that 'scape. This actually started out as a bit of a carbon copy of that Jurassic tank once i added the wood and i gradually added the path and tweaked it a little.The planting should end up being pretty similar.

George Farmer said:
I really like it.

The vertical lines work well to accentuate the height, it's perfectly balanced, and it's Nature Aquarium style without being too cliche.

Good work.

Thank you George. The 'tree' pieces were a real afterthought once i completed all the rock work, as i was thinking of doing a low level iwagumi, but then i started playing around with the forest idea.

Back