60cm Iwagumi

Discussion in 'Aquascaping' started by jay, 1 Apr 2009.

1. jay

jay Member

Well i've decided to give the rock stuff a try. I've had this funny looking fossilised wood laying around for a while now, its not like that top notch Green machine stuff... more like the stone from some of the 'scapes in Nature Aquarium World books..

Planting wise, its going to be fairly standard Iwagumi stuff.... hairgrass, HC Cuba, tenellus, lileopsis, riccia, some combination of these.
    Perhaps some stems, rotala wallichii looks great with this stone, or maybe hemianthus micranthemoides... maybe both!! :rolleyes:
    Here you go.
    fullshot.jpg
    The two main stones with the sand path are staying put i'm afraid, no matter how mauch you hate them, but the right side... i'm open to suggestions.

Cheers

2. samc

samc Member

i think it looks good the only thing it the rock in the back right corner it doesnt quite sit right for me. apart from that i think it will good pretty good

3. jay

jay Member

photoshopjobby.jpg
    Yeah, I'm bored.
    H, lileopsis, hairgrass.

4. TDI-line

TDI-line Member

Blimey, that's qiuck growth. :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. LondonDragon

LondonDragon Administrator Staff Member

Sure is, we need to know the secret and which ferts you been using :D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

6. Thomas McMillan

Thomas McMillan Member

I like it :D the only thing I would say is that the left two rocks dont' quite look right to me.

7. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

As its a small tank I'd be tempted to just have three rocks, the three on the left that make the path, they look cool. Also how about a small patch of HC on the front left corner? It looks like it could use a bit of planting just to completed the scape?

Hope that helps.

Sam

8. jay

jay Member

I actually like the sand right down to the left corner, like the path is coming from somewhere.
    I'm going to definitely use some nice bushy stems in this tank, hopefully make the two main "path" rocks look less imposing.
    and maybe some HC or UG on the sides of the path planted in the gravel.

Also thinking of doing this with Dry Start method.