• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60cm nature scape v2

Re: 60cm nature scpae v2

This is going too look sweet, I'm already a bit jelous. The selection of plants is great, I like the arrangement on the wood. Please post some pics with the MH in situ. Tom

TBRO said:
This is going too look sweet, I'm already a bit jelous. The selection of plants is great, I like the arrangement on the wood. Please post some pics with the MH in situ. Tom

thanks tom. ill post some pics up :thumbup:

JamesM said:
Looking great bud :D

How did you attach the moss after? Superglue?

no mate, used cotton :crazy: :lol: what a painfull job

looks awesome sam :thumbup:

as promised pictures of the halide which was put up today :D

the light has a marine bulb which will need changing soon. you can see here that it shows the greens well when warming up

dsc03032b.jpg

but when warmed up the colour changes to very white

dsc03033i.jpg

i really like the light. the ripple effect is amazing. i cant wait until i get a new bulb :D

That's looking really nice! what are the tank dimensions? They look delectable.

It's really nice, absolute bargain on the light too.
More pictures is what we want, it's looking very Amano-esque!

Garuf said:
It's really nice, absolute bargain on the light too.
More pictures is what we want, it's looking very Amano-esque!

the aqua medic halides (which is what i have) go pretty cheap second hand on ebay. normally £50ish

ill get some more pics up soon. i really want a new bulb :( . the crypts were pearling nicely today but there is some melt

Hi samc, looking ace mate!

is that the height you have the light?....(images with light)

you can suspend it higher if you like, and you'll still get awesome growth. I had mine much higher and still got HM and the likes to crawl like a 1 year old kid on steroids!

IMG_9564-01.jpg

so i have raised the light. :D it does not look much different which amazed me :lol:

i have ordered a new bulb :D osram 150w daylight. which is the same colour as viktors so i am looking foward to it.

there is some melting going on with the crypts, and i have cut the tenellus back. some new growth from the lileopsis though :thumbup:

i have been practicing photography on this tank and its incredibly difficult with my camera as the light is so bright. i still have the marine bulb in so its quite white.

i had to use a piece of board to cover the light and some card 8) :lol:

the pictures were still rubbish as you will see.

it looks nothing like this in real life :(
dsc03170c.jpg

dsc03169r.jpg

dsc03168a.jpg

samc said:
so its quite white.

johnathan ross? :lol:

keep practising mate. one thing....moss will always be hard to capture due to it's dark nature. when you've got bright green stems and dark moss.....nightmare!

saintly said:
samc said:
so its quite white.

johnathan ross? :lol:

keep practising mate. one thing....moss will always be hard to capture due to it's dark nature. when you've got bright green stems and dark moss.....nightmare!

lol yep, it sometimes looks dead doesnt it ;) :lol:

Back