• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60cm nature scape v2

It's making me want a halide more this.
Regarding your photoperiod, if you have a bottle of excell or similar knocking around it'll help avoid any co2 shortcomings till you know just how much you need to up your co2 by.

I'm 3 for the lighting period. don't up it too quickly. just because plants are doing good, this may give us a false sense of what's really going off within.

you could quickly run into problems. who's to say your not at your threshold at the moment, an extra 30 minutes could sway the balance in the wrong direction.

slowly slowly catcha monkey....as they say :lol:

saintly said:
slowly slowly catcha monkey....as they say :lol:

sure thing :lol:

i have tried to get some better photos today and i think they are getting a little better.

dsc03268o.jpg

dsc03270k.jpg

the Hydrocotile leucocephalis has not grown up because of the halide. apart from i stem
dsc03272.jpg

the most amazing plant. round pelia. i cant get a pic to do it justice though
dsc03277j.jpg

my shrimp have started breeding already, they like to hide under the pelia
dsc03280x.jpg

thanks for looking

today i had a little trim of the crypts and took the hydrocotyle out as i could not put anyhting the other side that would look right with it. i did love the plant though. i still need to get some rotala for the back corners

before:

dsc03298.jpg

this was how much i have from 1 pot.

dsc03299v.jpg

after:

dsc03300n.jpg

i am setting up a reed frog tank so its gone in there. still alot of planting to do yet though

dsc03301m.jpg

I really like this, crypts are my favourite plant by a mile and the jungle feel is always a nice touch. I can't help but think adding some more wood would add a lot to the aquascape though.

rawr said:
I really like this, crypts are my favourite plant by a mile and the jungle feel is always a nice touch. I can't help but think adding some more wood would add a lot to the aquascape though.

thanks tom, the wood does look a little strange at the moment i must admit. i should have lots of stems in the back corners soon, that should bring it together.

saintly said:
Sam, the crypts have a wonderful orange tinge to them. In general the whole tank looks great.

thanks mark, i am liking crypts at the mo. still got a way to go yet. at least i am getting somewhere with this.

i feel like its only half a scape at the moment

Have you started a thread for the frogs yet? I really want to see it, tell me everything!!! :twisted:

Can I have them? Please. They look amazing! How do you keep the humidity up without it misting up?

ill be getting some in a couple of weeks time. thats not mine, but they do come in a wide selection of colours. all very attractive. they are also very hardy and tollerate many conditions.

the spraybar i have made out of acylic tube (same place james showed you) sprays the front glass to keep it clear. this wasnt the initail idea but it works well. you may be able to see on the photo.

Still looking great Sam.

I am interested to hear more about those reed frogs. If you think of it please direct me to the thread that you start for them. I have looked around some, but haven't encountered many US sources for reed frogs. I understand that there are many different species.

Hmm, that'd annoy the hell out of me, I don't know what it is about mist/condensation but I can't stand the stuff.

samc said:
and the new bulb

dsc03258d.jpg

it seems this osram lamp has 2 getters instead of the normal 1? thank you :)

quick update;

i have been busy this week so have not had much time on the tank. staghorn algae has attacked my lileopsis which dont look so good now and GSA on the glass too, along with the hair algae already on the moss. again from not dosing.

i think to save me missing dosing i am going to do one weeks worth in one go.

i am hoping to enter into IALPC this year for the first time.

dsc03329wy.jpg

I want a halide, now. That tank looks good enough to eat! So so healthy and clean!

Back