• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60cm nature scape v2

thats looking fantastic Sam, shame about the staghorn. are you going to trim it out or go the easy carbo way?

is that the nanjeshan in the background? mine is not doing so well since I stopped mixing RO water with tap water to soften it. I have very hard water.

anyway its a great looking tank you should definitely enter the IALPC. I'm thinking about entering mine, just need to sort out the right handside.

Chris

Quality scape sam!

the liliaeopsis works a treat with crypts!

keep an eye on the HM ;)

it's apparent, that it's doing good now, like HC, once established it's unstoppable. It has the potential to ruin the scape, by crawling over everything....I speak from experience.

Top work mate!

Just read you've been hit with the algae monster. Up the co2 more, start dosing liquid carbon and tweek your dosing. You could also reduce the light but that's difficult with halide.

i just finnished my weekly maintanance/monthly :lol: and i broke my inlet :( :( :( it was my best piece of glassware. it broke on the bend at the top so i have bodged it up for now and ill see if i can make a new bend out of acrylic tube.

mark, i will give the HM a trim soon although i like the slightly overgrown look. it will be back in no time though.

about the algae. i am just going to up the dosing and co2 for now and see if it reduces. i cant be bothered to put the light higher at the mo

I forgot to say, cleaning you diffuser every 3 days I found increased pearling, worth trying?

That sucks about the inlet! I'm after glassware myself but finding the good stuff is impossible. Possible sign that the hobby is faultering on a world scale?

Garuf said:
I forgot to say, cleaning you diffuser every 3 days I found increased pearling, worth trying?

That sucks about the inlet! I'm after glassware myself but finding the good stuff is impossible. Possible sign that the hobby is faultering on a world scale?

i do need to clean my diffuser more often actually. i think it does help too :thumbup:

JamesM said:
Spot on Sam, looking really good bud :thumbup:

thanks james :D

steve, my glassware is the 16mm stuff thanks anyway :D i would like a nano set one day but i dont have the money to set a nano up :(

You might if I get round to putting mine up for sale on here ;)

hydrophyte said:
samc said:

That's looking great Sam. I don't see the algae at all in the photo.

thanks, the algae is only really on the lileopsis, you have to look close though.

rawr said:
That's lookin real nice, what fish are those you've got in there?

thanks, the fish are red eye tetra. they only come out during feeding time :( they are really entertaining though. i have decided ontheold neon or cardinal tetra as the couple i have in now look amazing under the lighting. a really nice contrast to the greens :D

update time :D

i have got rid of all the algae (cheers in joy) :lol: i did it by turning thelight off for a week and that did thetrick for me. its just about all gone, which suprised me as there was quite a bit on the lileoplsis. i am going to be more strict with my dosing now. i also cut the crypts right down but they are growing quick. and added some new little guys.

i also forgot i have t8 tube behind. until i see marks on his journal. i only use it for back lighting at night as it dont mke any difference with the halide there in the day.

oh and mark you sent me a little freebie when you sent that moss ages ago :lol: can you see in the middle on the wood? it was one little strand i just left. i quite like it tbh :rolleyes:

dsc03370u.jpg

in situe
dsc03390i.jpg

nice little shot of my one and only SAE
dsc03375i.jpg

and the rather tricky to photograph rummys :D
dsc03376zo.jpg

dsc03383w.jpg

samc said:
no, its a big ball of riccia, its hard to see on the photo actually as it has HM behind. i love to see it pearl like mad
ahh, sorry dude :lol:

hey sam! maybe think about getting some 'shape' from the HM in the rear. let it grow out and form it.

saintly said:
hey sam! maybe think about getting some 'shape' from the HM in the rear. let it grow out and form it.

good point. i have given it one trim and ill have to shape it on the next :thumbup: i still have to put some more stems in there yet, especially on the right back. its just a gap at the mo. i have a load of nanjeshan coming as the one or two stems in there are beautiful

SteveUK said:
Looking fantastic Sam! I love it!

thanks alot steve :D

LondonDragon said:
I do find that grass to over powering for a small tank, but non the less looks amazing, congrats Sam :)

i didnt think the grass would grow as tall looking at amano using it. but you live and learn. thanks also paulo :thumbup:

Back