• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60cm post-contest re-scape

George Farmer

Founder
UKAPS Team
I've submitted my ADA entry, so I figured I have a minor re-scape - just for fun!

f_fullcropm_2857aab.jpg

f_fish1m_d64d072.jpg

It will look 100% better once the Blyxa grows in to create an effective background.

I'm pretty happy with it though, for a 30 minute re-scape. And my photography is improving too, I think.

I'm off to the USA for 3 weeks this weekend so it will be interesting to see what state it's in after no maintenance. Always a good excuse for a strip down if it's a disaster, and another PFK blog series...

Cheers.

f_001frontalm_91567ac.jpg

Man, I love the dynamic angles in that center :D but I'm finding the Crinium(?) just a tad distracting. I guess it'll fill in as well. We need to get to the bottom of the Blyxa riddle... :rolleyes:

Cheers,

I really like it!
One criticism is that something doesn't sit right, after looking and thinking I've figured that there's 2 points vying for you attention, the fern on the right and the wood mirroring its position on the left making your eyes flicker rather than focus on one point.

All good critique points, so well done for that, but wait until the Bylxa is mature and you'll understand my intentions, I hope. Patience... ;)

Clive - you can deal with the Blyxa riddle, my friend. Anymore info you want from me though, just ask.

Thanks.

I like that, you definetely have your own style George. Not quite nature aquarium, more a sort of post modern style on that if you like - more simplistic and abstract than the nature aquarium style, I think :?: :!: The ADA contest should be interesting this year with your postmodern scape, Graham who is more traditional Amano nature aquarium (equally lovely I must say) and Dan who I believe is influenced by the both of you but stopped putting up photo's soon enough for me to know what he is going to come up with. Perhaps we should open a book on the rankings! :D

P.Helfrei looks excellent with the new Tropica plant and the black Neons are still outstanding (and maybe bigger). Which crypt is it, surely too big to be Wendtli green left over from you 4' tank? I do agree with Garuf a little but the whole effect creates tension which makes you look away and then back again, and again, and again - quite pleasing. I have patience to wait until you say its done...

And Clive, this Blyxia business is baffling, we need to get to the bottom of this!

Cheers,

Ray

Thanks, all!

Ray said:
I like that, you definetely have your own style George. Not quite nature aquarium, more a sort of post modern style on that if you like - more simplistic and abstract than the nature aquarium style, I think :?: :!: The ADA contest should be interesting this year with your postmodern scape, Graham who is more traditional Amano nature aquarium (equally lovely I must say) and Dan who I believe is influenced by the both of you but stopped putting up photo's soon enough for me to know what he is going to come up with. Perhaps we should open a book on the rankings! :D

P.Helfrei looks excellent with the new Tropica plant and the black Neons are still outstanding (and maybe bigger). Which crypt is it, surely too big to be Wendtli green left over from you 4' tank? I do agree with Garuf a little but the whole effect creates tension which makes you look away and then back again, and again, and again - quite pleasing. I have patience to wait until you say its done...

And Clive, this Blyxia business is baffling, we need to get to the bottom of this!

Cheers,

Ray
Thank you kindly, Ray.

Post-modern style - I like it! And yes, C. wentii 'Green' from old... :D

The black neons have grown, and they continue to pose nicely for the camera which is cool. One thing I have noticed with the heavy flow is that they feed very well indeed, devouring anything I put in within seconds. I guess they need to keep up their energy, although there are slow-flow areas if they need a rest.

I was tempted to add a splash of red with some more fish but actually think the subtle flash of reddy orange in the black neon's eye is ample.

In three weeks time it should look great George, it has that definite potentially will look very good look right now, if you know what I mean.

Back