• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60cm post-contest re-scape

Still with the 'brown' rendition LED lighting, but I selected tungsten white balance setting on my camera.

There's very little pearling with the LED lighting but growth is noticeable after a week. No algae. I've halved dosing too.

I didn't like the red Rotala. I think there's enough colour in the Flame tetras.

Note the massive black plastic filter inlet. I broke my glass being a heavy-handed prat! Interesting flow has noticeably improved indicating that the glass-type inlets are more restrictive.

This may be the last photo of this before I go overseas for a while.

f_cropm_28ae086.jpg

Tank looks great George, guess the LEDs are working nicely, would be good to get your opinion once you get the extra two of marine colour and report if they are equivalent to 4x24w T5.

Thanks, Fred.

I've only had the LED lighting for the last week or two.

I'm using 2x TMC Aquabeam 500 (12w each).

Each has 5 LEDs spanning a narrow 490mm sealed unit. I've removed my T5 tubes from my Arcadia luminare and replaced with the 2x LED units.

One is called "Full Spectrum". 3 LEDs are yellow and 2 are white.
The other is "Natural Daylight". 2 LEDs are white and 3 are yellow.

I prefer the white LEDs, so TMC are sending me 2x "Marine White". All 5 LEDs are white.

I hope that makes sense!

Nice description there, thanks George.
No doubt you'll be writing about these in PFK once you get a constructive conclusion about them?

Back