60cm Rescape

Discussion in 'Aquascaping' started by mattyc, 11 Dec 2009.

1. mattyc

mattyc Member

I am looknig for some inspiration for my rescape of my 60cm tank i want to keep it simple and low maintance as possible. i am changing the light unit to an acradia T8 classica unit which i think is 2x15w tubes but i will be using my existing pressurised co2 system. the fish that will be in there are harlequins and ottos, and i will also have cherry shrimp in it.(i need to find a home for them while i sort the tank) i think i am going to go for a full ADA system substraight or maby olivers substraigh with power sand and ferts etc.
    I am thinking of using a lot of crypts i dont want to use HC or V. nana but i might use Pogostemon Helferi as my low plant. i want to include a lot of red plants i think they realy bring out the colour of the fish and complement the greens of other plants. i am thinking of a iwagumi sytle thing i.e. just rock as hardscape but with a background of plants.
    Does anyone have any ideas or photos of some tanks that i can get a bit inspired from?
    Can i remove clean and dry redmoor root so i can store it for my next tank or does it need to stay wet?

Thanks

2. TBRO

TBRO Member

Hi Matt, I think the redmoore is fine if you let it dry out - If kept damp but in air it is more likley to rot. Unfourtunatley will be boyant when you next want to use it....

3. Celestial

Celestial Member

Maybe a risen circle of rocks, with the crypts inside, almost like a volcano. Then maybe hairgrass in the background? The jungle edge was lovely, so I'm sure you can think of something good ;)