• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60cm Shallow Wabi-Kusa

Greenfinger2

Hi All,

A new project Wind in the willows

Shallow tank with Wabi-Kusa plants that I have been growing and adapting to emersed growth and room temp :)
The plants have been put in little holes or just sitting on the wood with some planting at the back in the gravel
I have tied willow branches to a couple of the DW branches with the bottoms of the branches in the water

Tank 60x 30x 19.5 cm
Lights One 30w 6500k garden flood light
Internal filter Got it with a 30 cm Cube ??
Hardscape 5 pieces od DW
Substrate Tropica, topped with mixed sizes of gravel and some river stones

Plants Ho will have to do a list but lots :)

002_zpsf48nbcqp.jpg

003_zps6opp1ekz.jpg

004_zps98cwjiru.jpg

006_zpsgyzqam0z.jpg

035_zps7iy3mswd.jpg

062_zpsdsfpf3m4.jpg

Looks awesome, Roy! :) I really must get myself a small shallow tank, I really miss the little riparium type thing I had running.

Any plans for livestock?

Hi Berlioz, Thank You :thumbup: Go for it get a Shallow there great fun as you know for Riparium the plants look fab :)Well I don't keep live stock not even shrimp plants are my thing :) Saying that some Stickle backs would look cool :rolleyes:

Superb scape Roy, the willow branches should root well shouldn't they ? You may have a sideline selling starter bonsai trees ;) subscribed to this one :)

Hi Tim, Thank you :) The Willow The first leaves have died back the branches are now sending out new roots after 2 weeks and new leaf buds are forming on the branches cool. I have done this before years ago to take nitrates out the water:oldman::oldman::D

So thought it would look cool on the DW more photos coming soon :D

Reactions: tim
Hi Roy again stunning :clap: can't wait to see this grow.. :) Got one question tho.. Why not a small HOB filter instead with a nice fern in it?.. :)

Hi Roy again stunning :clap: can't wait to see this grow.. :) Got one question tho.. Why not a small HOB filter instead with a nice fern in it?.. :)

Hi Marcel, Thank you :) The Wife does not like the sound of running water :( So had to go with a small internal filter. It was part of the bargain when she let me have another tank in the front room :D

Back