• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60cm tank lighting

BenR24

Hi,

Looking at setting up a tank 60cm long, on my 300 ltr I've got a fluval 3.0 yet been looking at alternative brands for this tank. I'm wanting to get CO2 running on this tank but looking at a Twinstar LED Aquarium Light 600E as a premium but i'd rather something cheaper like an Asta F120, does anyone know if that would cover a 60cm by 30?

thanks for help! any good alternatives welcome, i looked first at the nicrew stuff but they seem a bit cheap

Anyone have any experience with the Twinstar 600CA cant find much about it?

600 C, isn’t very nice. It is really really pink!

E or S series are far nicer and E isn’t that more money than the E.

Hope that helps.

S isnt that much more than E I think he meant but it is a lot more powerful have both
And would go.for the S every time

Sorry I meant the E isn’t much more than the C.

The C is billed as their budget range. It is made very well made (same as E) but the actual light is horrible.

I wouldn’t even consider it. Instead the E light is really nice, S even better if you want to push the budget. If you have the E you’ll always wish you went for the S but all about budget when it comes to lighting!

To get the full impact out of either light you’ll need co2 though. They are designed to run with it.

Ps. A lot will also depend on depth, at 45cm+ you’ll need to S really. On a 60-p the E will be fine. S even better if if you can warrant the additional cost.

Both another league from Fluval :thumbup:

My tank will be 60 long and only 30 deep so I reckon an E will suffice. I definitely intend on using on using co2 but I've not set on what setup to go for leaning towards co2art cheaper full kit, if thats good value for money? ( I know this is a lighting thread sorry) Was looking at the WRGB though as a comparison to the 600e but I'm always a fan of the real deal stuff. and not the faff of getting one sent over.

Yeah i brought the fluval for my other tank without thinking too much into it but my tank is 72 high so its fairly deep.

Back