• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

60P - A Brief Crack of Light

The_Iceman

Ahoi UKAPS,

finally I decided to clean up the 60P and start something from scratch.
During that process, I discovered that the tank (the Silicon) was in really bad condition in the back.
Got lucky, so nothing serious happened.

Now I'm waiting for the replacement tank to come, but I took the Chance to Play around with some Stones for a new idea.
At the Moment it Looks like this, still not finished and most likely, it will look a little bit different when it's moved into the new 60P:

I'm going to call it "A Brief Crack of Light"

19903464308_5c80cfbb34_c.jpg

And in addition to it (because I think it fits quite nicely) an excerpt from "Anthem" by Leonard Cohen:

Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack, a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.
Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack, a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in. That's how the light gets in. That's how the light gets in.

So, that's it, welcome to my new Journal! I hope you will enjoy the ride!

Edit: Still working on it, as I'm not yet completely happy with the right side.
I will not work on the details, as I have to move over to the new 60P soon, but... well, I want the skeleton (if you will) to be ready.

I like the additional height in this one, down below, but not the big stone on top...
Looks way to constructed.

19932568209_c2026eb93b_c.jpg

As you can see, still a lot to do :)

Cheers,
Christian

Last edited:

alto

Definitely prefer the latest rock scape - the tilt of rock & architecture of the gap make this my fav!

The_Iceman

Sk3lly

After seeing your previous scapes, I know this will be a stunner once complete. Scapes like this and I think pedro rosa's recent scape have opened my mind up to 'constructing' scapes more. Clever use of plastic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The_Iceman

Thanks for the compliments. Seeing my name in the same sentence as predro rosa's... wow :wideyed:

Plans for planting...hmm.. I'm not so sure yet :lol:

Front left and right I thought about using HCC and Eleocharis Mini and in the back.. perhaps 3 layers of stem plants, green and red (diplis diandra, rotala rotundefolia)?! Don't know yet :lol:
I have some Riccardia here that will be squeezed between the stones. And 1-2-3 mini Bucephalandras on the big stone on the left.

But ideas are more than welcome :)

Almost finished the substrate layering:

20782338855_e2e7e5bd94_c.jpg

20595586509_7245eea6bb_c.jpg

Cheers,
Chris

The_Iceman

Thanks Tim,

you mean the one in the middle? Could be removed quite easy ;)
But let's wait until the plants are in... :lurking:

My plant list so far:

- Riccardia
- Riccia Dwarf
- HCC
- Eleocharis Mini
- Diplis Diandra
- Rotala Rotundefolia
- Weeping Moss
- Blyxa Japonica

and maybe 1-2-3 Mini Buce spec.

EvitaL

Such a clever idea, I really like the look of this! Can`t wait to see it planted!

Lähetetty minun GT-I9305 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

The_Iceman

Thank you guys, thanks Roy...

Well I have been a little bit lazy recently, so I had to put some effort into this one to compensate ;)
I have had a damaged 60P here and this was good for testing different rock arrangements, until idea with the bridge/cave came into my mind.

I can make some detail shots if you like as planting will, most likely start Monday or Tuesday (Have to buy some plants and Powder Soil?

Cheers,
Christian

The_Iceman