• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60P - A Brief Crack of Light

The_Iceman

Ahoi UKAPS,

finally I decided to clean up the 60P and start something from scratch.
During that process, I discovered that the tank (the Silicon) was in really bad condition in the back.
Got lucky, so nothing serious happened.

Now I'm waiting for the replacement tank to come, but I took the Chance to Play around with some Stones for a new idea.
At the Moment it Looks like this, still not finished and most likely, it will look a little bit different when it's moved into the new 60P:

I'm going to call it "A Brief Crack of Light"

19903464308_5c80cfbb34_c.jpg

And in addition to it (because I think it fits quite nicely) an excerpt from "Anthem" by Leonard Cohen:

Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack, a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.
Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack, a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in. That's how the light gets in. That's how the light gets in.

So, that's it, welcome to my new Journal! I hope you will enjoy the ride!

Edit: Still working on it, as I'm not yet completely happy with the right side.
I will not work on the details, as I have to move over to the new 60P soon, but... well, I want the skeleton (if you will) to be ready.

I like the additional height in this one, down below, but not the big stone on top...
Looks way to constructed.

19932568209_c2026eb93b_c.jpg

As you can see, still a lot to do :)

Cheers,
Christian

Last edited:
Definitely prefer the latest rock scape - the tilt of rock & architecture of the gap make this my fav!

After seeing your previous scapes, I know this will be a stunner once complete. Scapes like this and I think pedro rosa's recent scape have opened my mind up to 'constructing' scapes more. Clever use of plastic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the compliments. Seeing my name in the same sentence as predro rosa's... wow :wideyed:

Plans for planting...hmm.. I'm not so sure yet :lol:

Front left and right I thought about using HCC and Eleocharis Mini and in the back.. perhaps 3 layers of stem plants, green and red (diplis diandra, rotala rotundefolia)?! Don't know yet :lol:
I have some Riccardia here that will be squeezed between the stones. And 1-2-3 mini Bucephalandras on the big stone on the left.

But ideas are more than welcome :)

Almost finished the substrate layering:

20782338855_e2e7e5bd94_c.jpg

20595586509_7245eea6bb_c.jpg

Cheers,
Chris

Thanks Tim,

you mean the one in the middle? Could be removed quite easy ;)
But let's wait until the plants are in... :lurking:

My plant list so far:

- Riccardia
- Riccia Dwarf
- HCC
- Eleocharis Mini
- Diplis Diandra
- Rotala Rotundefolia
- Weeping Moss
- Blyxa Japonica

and maybe 1-2-3 Mini Buce spec.

Such a clever idea, I really like the look of this! Can`t wait to see it planted!

Lähetetty minun GT-I9305 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Thank you guys, thanks Roy...

Well I have been a little bit lazy recently, so I had to put some effort into this one to compensate ;)
I have had a damaged 60P here and this was good for testing different rock arrangements, until idea with the bridge/cave came into my mind.

I can make some detail shots if you like as planting will, most likely start Monday or Tuesday (Have to buy some plants and Powder Soil?

Cheers,
Christian

Back