• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60p - "Greener Pastures"

Shinobi

Hey guys,

Finaly got some time to play around for ideas for my next layout.

This is what I got so far, I’m currently planing what plants to use.

Will update as it progresses :)

62288E44-742B-4ECD-96CF-20BCAD17FBAA.jpeg

Nice tryout.

The small stone on the top of the right part, Ever tried to remove it?

Yes, now that's in the tank, the layout look an bit flat and the big stone is too low, you could try to make it sit on volcano stones bag to make it higher?

And with sand instead of soil in the foreground it will look even better IMO (carpeting plants will grow even in sand) :)

That ada light screen rocks!

Just some thoughs.;)

I get the idea and appreciate the input.

However, the plan was never for this to be a diorama style depiction of a mountain, so height was purposefully kept at a certain level to leave room for stems to rise in the back ground. After all I’m much more a plant layout than a layout guy, this hardscape only helps elevate the expression of the plants and the layout should work as a whole. If you ever seen a bareboned classic nature aquarium style, you know what I’m talking about.

Reason I avoided sand in the foreground is because It’s been done and seen over and over again the last couple of years - including my last scape

Sorry for the lateness of the hour ;)

try adding some tilt/slant to the rocks re Adam Paszczela style

It looks grand :)

Shinobi

I fully agree with Tim I would also leave it alone and see how it develops when planted.

All those flat stones in the foreground if you are using plants they could be hidden what do you intend to do in the foreground?

Keith:wave::wave:

I personally dont find any reason to get a bigger main stone. It is fine as it is. Looks pretty beautiful to me.

Hi guys,

Really appreciate all the inputs and constructive criticism :)

The layout will still get some minor changes, mostly added details. To be fair, this was never meant to be a “critique my hardscape” thread, the composition was pretty final from start :)

To elaborate on some of the criticism; this is NOT a Iwagumi scape, and as so, terms like “main stone” and so on doesn’t really apply in that sense. As I said, my hardscape is meant to work complimentary to the plants - hopefully in somewhat harmony.

Still lots of room is reserved for planting as hopefully shown in the pictures:

2E769F2F-E259-4602-B47C-EEC59A1A0AB8.jpeg
9A034009-7BE9-44F0-9DAF-91436269E8B1.jpeg
7FB9B3FB-3D65-460A-B86B-8337AD523DB5.jpeg
7746BAEA-31BE-4788-80BA-4F7D276ABC5D.jpeg
49AC4377-5289-422E-ABFD-9225668FD41B.jpeg

I just found sad to cover that Beautiful frodo stones that sat on the front with soil and plants. You could use some volcano rocks (in French it's called pouzzolane) to support the bigger stones and avoid good soil circulation. ;)
Anyway I'm sure that once
Planted it will look nice, What's your plan about plantation? :thumbup:

I just found sad to cover that Beautiful frodo stones that sat on the front with soil and plants. You could use some volcano rocks (in French it's called pouzzolane) to support the bigger stones and avoid good soil circulation. ;)
Anyway I'm sure that once
Planted it will look nice, What's your plan about plantation? :thumbup:

If Tropica have everything in stock, this is the list:

Potted or Other:

Bucephalandra sp. 'Red x3

Myriophyllum mattogrossense x4

Riccardia chamedryfolia x3

Hemianthus micranthemoides x 2

Eleocharis montevidensis x 3

1-2-Grow:

Staurogyne repens x2

Ranunculus inundatus x1

Glossostigma elatinoides x4

Littorella uniflora x2

New photos show scape so much better

Plant comments ;)

Myriophyllum mattogrossense x4 - this is such a weed, I can’t see needing more than 2 pots for a 60P

Hemianthus micranthemoides x 2 - again, fast growing weed that will grow from just a few cm of stem, so you could easily go with a single pot

Eleocharis montevidensis - depending on your design, could easily increase this as these pots often seem sparse
(I got a couple of “short” pots recently that seemed much more “stem” dense than their taller cousins)

(I’m still in budget tank mode :oops: :sorry:)

Are you doing an online order? Or in shop?

Back