• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60p - "Greener Pastures"

Scape looks great so far.
Really like the small wood accents.
Could you tell us how much kilo Frodo stones you use?

Greets
Justin

New photos show scape so much better

Plant comments ;)

Myriophyllum mattogrossense x4 - this is such a weed, I can’t see needing more than 2 pots for a 60P

Hemianthus micranthemoides x 2 - again, fast growing weed that will grow from just a few cm of stem, so you could easily go with a single pot

Eleocharis montevidensis - depending on your design, could easily increase this as these pots often seem sparse
(I got a couple of “short” pots recently that seemed much more “stem” dense than their taller cousins)

(I’m still in budget tank mode :oops: :sorry:)

Are you doing an online order? Or in shop?

I do collaboration with Tropica, so I’ll order directly from them.

Thanks for the plant advise :)

Sand has a place and that is at the beach.

I rare cases it might look OK but and a massive but if disturbed it can cut a filter to beyond repair.

Keith:wave::wave:

I have to disagree at 200% with this. :)

BUT Shinobi is an plant expert and his aquascape won't need sand to look great!

Free plants from tropica? How cool is that !

Cheers

I do collaboration with Tropica, so I’ll order directly from them.

Thanks for the plant advise :)
Well done
Tropica needs new layouts for their Inspiration

Littorella uniflora - the cups I see locally are pretty sparse, so depending how much of an impact you want from this ...

Plants arrived Tuesday and went in the tank the day after.

Here´s some pics straight after planting and a look at what under the 'hood'.

P1018047.JPG
P1018048.JPG
P1018049.JPG
P1018051.JPG

really like it mate, any reason for not using an inline defuser?

Thanks!

I’ve used them in the past, but always found they produced too many micro bubbles for this size of tank.

I’m using a new atomizer from Co2art that apparently has the highest dissolution rate in the world of any in tank diffusers, and after using it for a couple of days I must say I’m really impressed! Producing a much finer mist than even the mighty Neo diffuser, I don’t see the bubble mist except from just above the diffuser so I’m really pleased with it so far

Brilliant (as expected :D)

How many pots of E montevidensis?

(I’ve planted up my 60P going on a month now, Elatine hydropiper is actually carpeting and the E montevidensis just might be growing ... as opposed to my usual s.l.o.o.o.w melt with this Easy plant :oops:
I’m excited to see how yours fills in)

Solar RGB light?

ETA no sand in mine either ;)

Brilliant (as expected :D)

How many pots of E montevidensis?

(I’ve planted up my 60P going on a month now, Elatine hydropiper is actually carpeting and the E montevidensis just might be growing ... as opposed to my usual s.l.o.o.o.w melt with this Easy plant :oops:
I’m excited to see how yours fills in)

Solar RGB light?

ETA no sand in mine either ;)

Thanks man! Appreciate it.

I think I’ve used 5 pots in this layout.

EP is really slow and picky about heat conditions, but once it gets going it’s a real nice carpeting plant. I preferred the “glossy” look of glossestigma in this layout, also after seing it at the Nature Gallery In Japan and admiring how low and dense they where able to keep it, I’d had to challenge myself to try that.

To soon to say anything about Montevidensis yet.

I use Solar RGB yes. Simply love it

Wow man looks amazing already but shouldn't have expected anything else as normal with your tanks love the under the hood look too can I ask what the 2 great things are from your filter pipes?

Thanks!

I’ve used them in the past, but always found they produced too many micro bubbles for this size of tank.

I’m using a new atomizer from Co2art that apparently has the highest dissolution rate in the world of any in tank diffusers, and after using it for a couple of days I must say I’m really impressed! Producing a much finer mist than even the mighty Neo diffuser, I don’t see the bubble mist except from just above the diffuser so I’m really pleased with it so far

Interesting...I'm an huge fan of the neo diffuser, gotta try that atomizer from co2 art...too bad it looks massive in a 60cm tank.:watching: is it LOUD? (I mean louder than the small misting sound of the neo?)

Interesting plantts choice and placement, can't wait to see it grow. :thumbup:

Still using the ada ferts?

Last edited:
Wow man looks amazing already but shouldn't have expected anything else as normal with your tanks love the under the hood look too can I ask what the 2 great things are from your filter pipes?

Thanks you!

I think you’re talking about the quick connectors on the hoses. They are used for quick and easy taking off the visible part of the hose and glassware for cleaning

Interesting...I'm an huge fan of the neo diffuser, gotta try that atomizer from co2 art...too bad it looks massive in a 60cm tank.:watching: is it LOUD? (I mean louder than the small misting sound of the neo?)

Interesting plantts choice and placement, can't wait to see it grow. :thumbup:

Still using the ada ferts?

There’s a smaller version than this one, and I haven’t noticed any sound from it. Looking at the front, it actually takes up less space because of its horizontal design.

Planing on continueing with ADA ferts when I start dosing after week 2

Back