• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60P lights

Ch.e.d.a.

Seedling
Hello everyone, im in search for lighting for my new 60p, and ive hit a deadend. Wanted to go for 2X24w t5ho (Odyssea) with arcadia bulbs, but now im not so sure if thats enough light for that depth. Tank will be, u could say high end, with co2 but on "budget" cuz i dont have access to Twinstar/ADA lights, plus theyre expensive here. So my options are T5 or maybe Chihiros lights. I want carpet of MC at 15-20cm from surface and EA mini carpet at 30cm plus some red stems in the background, so would 2x24w with around 3000lm be enough? Or should i go for rgb/wrgb Chihiros? Ty

Garnelenhaus have a sale on twinstar. I got a 600SA for £179 delivered. That's almost as cheap as a chihiros WRGB

As long as you’re happy with the T5’s, the Odyssea has more than enough power for a 60P
It won’t be dimmable (though you might confirm this with Green Aqua)

@alto Didnt buy T5s yet, but 99% im gonna go for them.Arcadia freshwater and plantpro 24w which gives me around 3000lm and price for Odyssea with those bulbs is almost same as Chihiros RGB 60 but dont know if 1 RGB is enough for 60p, A601+ would be great but i dont like plain white light.

This topic is worth a read

https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads...ihiros-led-par-data-the-power-of-light.43178/

All the plants you mention will do well with both the T5 and Chihiros lights on a 60P
For a 60H I’d likely skip the Chihiros as they tend to use many inexpensive, low intensity LEDs rather than higher intensity (more expensive) LEDs
(as with fluorescent tubes, you can have the same watt LED that is higher or lower intensity)

Last edited:
I came across used Twinstar 600e cheap, is it any good for mid/high tech planted?

Back