• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60p Nature Aquarium journey

charlie93

Hi all,

Charlie here - I'm fairly new to ukaps and this is my first journal post. I've been aquascaping for around 3 years now and this is my first 60p composition. I'll be sharing updates as things progress over the months and welcome any feedback along the way.

Side note: does anyone else ever feel conflicted about posting on instagram/social media? I follow many accounts and love the content and creators on there, of whom I learn a lot from. However one of the reasons I got into the hobby was to take me away from screens and the chaos of social media... but I often feel the need to share what I'm doing with a community so I'm really glad to have found ukaps and this way of journaling.

Anyway, onto the scape... Back in March I was lucky enough to attend a George Farmer workshop at Aquarium Gardens and was waiting for this trip to select some nice wood and rocks. I've been planning to set this tank up for a while but have recently moved home which caused some delays but this past weekend I finally found some time to mess around with some hardscape ideas.

Hardscape is now complete and ready for planting... still undecided on plants so any ideas and suggestions are very welcomed :)

Charlie

Attachments

• PXL_20230424_154026927~2.jpg
    PXL_20230424_154026927~2.jpg
    857.7 KB · Views: 134
  • PXL_20230425_190738508~2.jpg
    PXL_20230425_190738508~2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 96
Side note: does anyone else ever feel conflicted about posting on instagram/social media? I follow many accounts and love the content and creators on there, of whom I learn a lot from. However one of the reasons I got into the hobby was to take me away from screens and the chaos of social media...
I'm guessing it's age related.

I haven't posted a single iota of information about my aquarium on social media since it's inception 3 yrs ago, probably won't get the likes and shares, but who cares.
I personally like to share my downfalls, or occasional success with folks that are like minded and interested int scape( jungle mess that I call a scape)...

To that end did I tell you Burnley are the championship champions 🏆.

Welcome to the forum @charlie93 looking forward to seeing this scape develop.

I haven't posted a single iota of information about my aquarium on social media since it's inception 3 yrs ago, probably won't get the likes and shares, but who cares.
I personally like to share my downfalls, or occasional success with folks that are like minded and interested int scape( jungle mess that I call a scape)...
That's what it's all about!

To that end did I tell you Burnley are the championship champions 🏆.
Congrats to Burnley, good to see them back up in the PL next season. I'm Arsenal so hoping for a miracle tonight!

Welcome to the forum @charlie93 looking forward to seeing this scape develop.
Thanks, @John q looking forward to sharing updates

Back